Reverb not working......what to check next?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by sierra trekker, Jun 12, 2008.

1. sierra trekker

sierra trekker Member

I've got a Fender Pro Tube Reverb and the reverb isn't working. I've checked the tubes (cleaned all of the connections), installed a new tank and made sure that the footswitch works ok (it does on all of its' other functions). What is there left that I can check? Otherwise it is going to the shop. Thanks.

2. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    Have you swapped in known good cables?

3. sierra trekker

sierra trekker Member

No, I'll do that next. Didn't even think of that since the amp is only 6 years old and those two cables seem so innocuous..............but that's another link in the chain to check. Thanks.

4. PRNDL

PRNDL Member

I know this is silly, but did you check to make certain the cables were installed correctly?

My last amp had one connector painted red, and the other painted less red, which was slightly confusing. In most (but not all) amps, the wires have just enough length so you can't reverse them.

Also, why did you get a new tank?
    Was the old one broken?
    Did you measure its resistance?

5. sierra trekker

sierra trekker Member

I bought a new tank thinking that it was a relatively cheap way to eliminate one potential problem.................my next step is to make sure the cables are working and are connected properly....................probably something I should have done in the first place. Oh well, one learns.....................