Reverb on Reverb

cathaya

I've noticed many people here having 2 or more verb pedals on their board.

So which reverb pedals go well together in your opinion?

zztomato

I can't imagine using two reverbs together - maybe as a crazy weird sound.
I think you see two verbs for different verb flavours rather then to be mixed together.

bearbeams

depends on what you want to use them for.

imo, any reverb that you can get to sound good on itself, can be used with another good sounding reverb with the right tweaking. I have played/own BSR, RV-5, RV-3, HOF, and the Wet. Currently using HOF into BSR, after trying the new toneprint for the HOF i think it is easily as good as the RV-5 Mod and gets close to emulating it. They sound great together. I have tried all different combinations, each set up having easily usable sounds. I generally try to make one more subtle than the other, if that helps.

I would just pick 2 reverbs that you like, and go with it.

kevingcp

Alot of people stack 'verbs....Most of us are into post-rock/ambient/textural stuff which allows us to really dive deep into the cavernous 'verb sound. Right now I have a RV-7 into a WET reverb, looking to get a Space to add to that.

crawz

I use a WET Black and a Lexicon LXP-1 and do cascade them. Obviously, these are two different algorithms and two different takes on how to suggest an environment. (-Which ends up being a hall in my case.) To run the WET into the LXP-1 is very nice and vibey and by no means overkill as each is set in a very subtle way. Little wonder that all those reflections mixing together makes for a richer more complex sound. The WET is set to capitalize on the slight delay character it's algorithm has when the depth is roughly around 1:30/ 2:00 max. The LXP-1 is set to dark hall. Running out to two amps out of the LXP-1 stereo outputs only enhances the dimensionality in a fine and valuable way. My guitar feeds an LD-1 and this in turn feeds a Delay 80's and then into the WET and LXP-1. It's in combining these that I approach the zone I'm after. The Delay 80's contribution is key and really valued. If only all delays had a chip that great and came with an echo hardness knob. Sometimes I'll forgo the cascaded verbs and instead use two Delay 80's into one or the other verb. Lately that's what I've been doing. If I'm gonna err on one side or the other I'd rather have more delay and less verb. But I'm taking the delays in a smooth verb-like direction anyway. So, somewhere here there's a happy medium. And I'll change channels and shift things up to remind myself that there's latitude here in how I walk the line of 'what's verb' and 'what's delay.' My recipe definitely calls for some verb and some delay.

Trending Topics