Reverb Pedal advice needed?.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bluesjunior, Sep 8, 2008.

1. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

I have been playing my old 70's Carlsbro 60Twin more and more lately. It is a non master volume head which I play through a closed back 2X12. I was playing today and thought if it had reverb it would be perfect. Reverb is not something I use a lot of but now and again it can be handy for some things.

I googled Reverb pedals and to be honest if I wasn't confused before I was after. I don't particularly want 15 different types of reverb I just want a sort of 60's vintage Fender vibe to it. Real simple and easy and possibly cheap as well second, third or well used even I don't mind.

Could someone tell me what type of pedals I should be looking for. I don't want to spend big bucks on something I will use rarely just something that gives a decent sort of imitation of the classic Fender sound.:dude

2. adamzappa

adamzappa Member

T Rex Room Mate. Its not cheap but it sounds amazing.

3. The_Whale

The_Whale Member

Digitech Digiverb

It's got a nice spring reverb setting.

4. zepolant

zepolant Member

5. alvagoldbook

alvagoldbook Member

For true fender spring reverb you gotta get fender spring reverb. You can get a '63 reverb tank RI, but if you don't wanna spend 500 dollars for reverb you can always get a Vanamps Solemate Reverb, which is a real spring reverb in a pedal. Here's a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-UTimT0zmE

6. TheLemon

TheLemon Senior Member

+1
    The hall setting sounds great too.

Oh, and I happen to be selling one ;)

7. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

+1

I just got mine today and the spring reverb in it sounds BETTER than the reverb in my Peavey. My preference however is for the plate reverb...

8. Steve73

Steve73 Member

I tried out a few reverb pedals when I was looking for one recently. I tried out a Nova Reverb, a Holy Grail and the Line 6 Verbzilla. Out of the three, the Verbzilla was the best bang for the buck. I thought it sounded better than the Grail and a little more organic than the Nova. The Nova was nice as well but over double the price. The Verbzilla has some nice options from Fender spring reverb to Plate to Chamber to Cave. Here are some samples of it (about half the page down):

http://line6.com/tonecore/verbzilla.html

The only thing I don't like about it is the casing, looks rinky dinky but it is solid....

9. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

The Digiverb is real nice, and they're under $100

10. peterdjp

peterdjp Member

Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy.

Best reverb pedal, as good as fender reverb