Reverb pedal for a tweed deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cbpickin, Oct 2, 2008.

1. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I had a Sole Mate a while back and sold it when I sold my Greer CAM18, but I need a reverb pedal for use with my Clark Beaufort and I'd like to find something smaller/more portable. I've also owned a Verbzilla and I remember it sounding very decent, but it self-destructed after a few months. It started squealing and giving out loud static sounds. Line 6 replaced it with a new one, but I'm leary about the Verbzilla now.
    The Hardwire looks interesting since you can blend the digital and dry signal, but I keep reading mixed reviews.
    Anyone have a verb they like with their tweeds?

2. doublescale1

doublescale1 FSR Tele Silver Supporting Member

I live on the east side of metropolitan Detroit
    I've used a TC Nova Reverb pedal with my Vicky Double Deluxe - I kept the Verbzilla as a back up. The TC reverb sounds great and gives you an option to have a second pre-set - I've got mine set for regular 'touch of verb" and a more hosed down setting for the songs that call for that old dripping level of verb - easy to just footswitch back and forth between the settings - I usually use the spring mode live - the hall settings are lush too - a deep pedal that sounds very good.

3. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

Seems to me like you need to consider the following two options:

1. T-Rex Roommate ($$$)
    2. Hardwire RV-7.

I own the RV-7 and it is a very natural sounding reverb. True bypass, built like a tank, true stereo (two independent signals), lexicon algorithms and very well priced. I am a plate guy, but it does a great spring as well.

4. cbpickin

Thanks! I ordered the Hardwire this morning. I just want a decent, natural spring sounding reverb. The Sole Mate I had was great, but the dedicated wall wart and large footprint made me want to look for something else this time around.

5. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Mr Springgy. The Verbzilla was a toy in comparison tonally.

6. cbpickin

I was going to go with Mr. Springgy, but I read a few things about the decay not being long enough/natural enough. The Hardwire sounds pretty good from all the reviews and clips I've heard. I'll know soon enough if I like it. If not, it can go back I guess I've got 30 days with Am. Musical Supply. No one else even had them in stock until the end of the month.

7. cbpickin

I bought both the Hardwire and the Mr. Springgy. The Hardwire is pretty good, but the Mr. Springgy showed up today and it is the one I'm going to keep. The decay is a little short, but the reverb is more natural sounding than the Hardwire to me. The RV-7 is not bad by any means, but it is a little more sproingy than it needs to be on the spring setting. The Mr. Springgy is just like a Blackface amp verb.
    All I need is a subtle reverb, so all the other settings on the RV-7 are overkill anyway, but it is a very decent sounding pedal. I could be happy with it, but with both pedals side by side, the Mr. Springgy is the keeper.