Reverb pedal for acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Jimboshappy, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Jimboshappy

Jimboshappy Supporting Member

Current opinions on good reverb pedals for live acoustic guitar? Wondering if some pedals are better suited to a more natural tone with acoustic instruments.

2. dc_jcm800

dc_jcm800 Member

Check out Fishman. AFX acoutic guitar effects pedals.

3. Traintrack

Traintrack Coolest Member Award Aug 2009 Silver Supporting Member

What pickups or pick up are you using?

4. Jimboshappy

Jimboshappy Supporting Member

Pickup in the guitar is Fishman Prefix Pro w/ a saddle piezo.
    Good question as I've also been considering whether to simply upgrade the pickup arrangement in the guitar. Seemed like a simple near term improvement might be to have a warm reverb at the interface... easy.

I found a good bit of "warm" commentary on the T-Rex Roomate. Checked pricing and started "warming" up to upgrading the guitar pickups.

5. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

I use the Boss RV-3. The Holy Grail from EHX is also very good.

6. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

EBS Dynaverb. Designed for bass but works great for electric and acoustic.

7. IbanezAFS75

IbanezAFS75 Member

VanAmps Solemate.

Designed for electric but work very well for acoustic too

8. DiGeorge

DiGeorge Member

I am curious too. Only I need it for nylon stringed guitars. Isn't SoleMate only spring? I am looking for a box that won't thin my sound or eat up tone. I really liked a track I heard of a Ramirez --> RV5 with kind of a dark Hall setting. Darker/warmer is what I am after.

9. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

ZOOM A2 is a GREAT sounding little acoustic modeler/FX unit. Compression is pretty good too. I actually like it much more than some units I paid WAY more for in the past. I'm actually building a little acoustic gig pedalboard around it.

As long as you strip it to the basic FX you need it's great. Like all digital processors in it's price range, most of the presets are over the top and have extreme EQ. Don't judge its capabilities by the presets alone. It's also cool to kick in the dobro or other unusual models here and there for variety in a solo gig.

I occasionally loop a rhythm part with a standard tone and then solo over it with a more extreme or odd model and it REALLY stands out and sounds cool. I try to get the most variety I can out of the least amount of gear and it's perfect for that. A few of the built in drum patterns are decent, and it has a built in footswitch jack to stop and start the drums. Great feature set and tones for $ 99!!

If I repurchased, I would go ahead and get the A2.1 simply because it has a built in XLR output for lo-z to the board.

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1869&brandID=4