Reverb pedal needed

les_paul

I have a HOF mini and it blows. It goes from off to overwhelming by about 9 o'clock on the dial. I also don't want to spend $500 on a reverb. I primarily like spring reverb. What are some good moderately priced reverb pedals?

Flip362

Source audio True Spring pedal is probably the small over powered not $500 Spring reverb pedal to beat. I love my Ventris and occasionally use the spring reverb and it’s pretty great. (The true spring is supposed to be even better and also has a tremolo if that is your thing).

Last edited:

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
I really like the digitech hardwire supernatural which is mostly the same as the DigiTech polara, I really only use spring and plate

Last edited:

bbsomm

Silver Supporting Member
+ 1 on the true spring, but it’s $200ish

cheaper solutions:

holy grail
Topanga
One control Prussian blue
Hermida reverb-3

all that being said, have you used the tone print app to adjust the sweep of the knob?

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Source audio True Spring pedal is probably the small over powered not $500 Spring reverb pedal to beat. I love my Ventris and occasionally use the spring reverb and it’s pretty great. (The true spring is supposed to be even better and also has a tremolo off that is your thing).
This :):):)

les_paul

+ 1 on the true spring, but it’s $200ish

cheaper solutions:

holy grail
Topanga
One control Prussian blue
Hermida reverb-3

all that being said, have you used the tone print app to adjust the sweep of the knob?
Unfortunately no. The pedal won't pair via Bluetooth and isn't recognized by my computer. This functionality seems broken on this particular pedal.

4b454e

Platinum Supporting Member
+1 for the True Spring. The spring options are just great, and the trems are very serviceable. And it’s got a hall, just for kicks ;)

MadFrank

Gold Supporting Member
Digitech Polara. Cheap and EXTREMELY good.
Another vote for this. Used the Hardwire version for many years and loved it.

But that's only if your not willing to spend more than that new. There is arguably better that's still under $500.

les_paul

I have one of the Boss RE-20s as well. It would be great if you could use a footswitch to turn off the delay portion.

dcbc

Topanga replaced a RealTube RT921 for me. Didn't truly replace it in my heard, but didn't make me miss carrying it around, if that makes sense.

HeavyCream

Silver Supporting Member
Subdecay Super Spring Theory. If you want a sweet Fender BF reverb sound, the SST is perfect. It also has a really good Room verb. Easy to find and very reasonable prices.

+1 any Digitech reverb with Lexicon algorithms. Great stuff, inexpensive.

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
Topanga if you just want spring. Or, the Wampler Faux Mini is on sale if you want small. For something with more options, the Alexander Space Race is super cool, is maybe $20 more used than those other two, and has 4 onboard presets. I like the spring, but I know folks have string opinions about spring reverb specifically. I feel you on the HoF, though.

The Polara is great, too, but it's not as cheap as it was and hasn't been for a while now.

Sardocasm

cupcakes
I’m a fan of the Laney/Black Country Customs Secret Path. It has an excellent plate and spring reverb, as well as the option to add shimmer to the plate setting. They don’t get talked about much, but I would consider it a contender with other top tier pedal reverbs.

Trending Topics