• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Reverb pedal on your board

jamoed

Typically where do they go? I am thining of getting a EH Holy Grail. Right now my chain is:

Guitar>Keeley TB Box>Whammy 2>Wizard Wah>Mini Dejavibe>OCD>Fulldrive>Boss TR-2>Volume pedal>Carbon Copy Delay>TRex Replica>Boss TU-2>amp

thoughts?

LowWatt

Usually at the very end, after your Replica but before the TU-2.
This is how most people do it, but then you have weirdos like me who need to have reverb before wah and dirt to create bizarre falling apart types of sounds.

schenkadere

I recently purchased a Boss RV-5 which I like for the most part. I heard the Holy Grail is hissy and you must use the supplied power supply. The Holy Grail Plus is supposed to be better. I looked at the Digitech Hardwire which sounded good, licensed Lexicon reverbs and feature rich, but the Boss was 20 bucks cheaper and I liked the build better...they were quite comparable IMO. I would look at the T-Rex Tonebug ($149) or the Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy ($199). These are the best I've heard for a reasonable price. I already bought the Boss and I'm tired of buying and selling pedals, so I'm just going to hang onto it. I don't feel it colors the tone much and it is dead quiet. Just my 2 cents from recent experience.

I like it at the end after my delay.

Last edited:

noredr2

+1 on a hissy Holy Grail...apparently it's only the case on some of them, so play several before buying if you can. As far as order, I also did end after delay.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
I run mine at the very end after the delay. I haven't tried it before the delay though. I use the Line6 Verbzilla and I have been very happy with it. It sounds good out front or in the loop. I prefer in the loop if I can.

I am GASing for a Hermida Reverb or Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator for my other rig though.....

yellowecho

the only thing i'd probably consider putting after my reverb would be a second volume pedal and/or an overdrive pedal for some wicked texture..
otherwise, last.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
The advantage of putting the Volume pedal right before the verb, is that you can swell and fade volume while still letting the verb trail off. Gives a nice, post fade lush quality to the verb.

Cpt. Picard

Heard great things about the verb-zilla, but tried it and couldn't find anything to recomend it over the RV-5. Maybe SLIGHTLY "truer" spring sounds, but nothing I could be certain of hearing, and nothing that would make any kind of difference onstage.

I wouldn't bother with the holy grail, nothing to add to the equation, with far fewer sound options, and the risk of noise (2 out of the 4 or 5 I have tried DID hum!)...

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
After listening to a ton of clips, I just bought a Digitech Hardwire. The clips sounded great to me. Will report on it later.

Sansamp makes one that has a boost built in, to push your reverb over the top. Has anyone tried that one?

schenkadere

After listening to a ton of clips, I just bought a Digitech Hardwire. The clips sounded great to me. Will report on it later.

Sansamp makes one that has a boost built in, to push your reverb over the top. Has anyone tried that one?
You should like it. I only took the RV-5 over it because I didn't like the feel of the knobs and I'm not a huge Digitech fan. Honestly, I'm still on the fence about returning it for the Hardwire, but then I was introduced to the T-Rex Tonebug for the same price. I'm always second guessing myself...some form of OCD I think.:NUTS

mcerreta

I just bought a hardwire reverb the other day to try it out, with full intention of returning it. I was actually quite surprised/pleased, it has many usable presets and all are very tweakable to get the desired sound. I tested it through my deluxe reverb and the spring sounded very believable at the right settings, I even A/B'd it with the onboard reverb, which turned out to be surprisingly close. I could tell a small difference in the feel but I don't expect any digital pedal to completely capture that spring sound. I have to say I'm really digging this pedal, it's already found a spot on my board :AOK

SigXer

Put it close to the end of the chain. I prefer reverb after the delays because it can tend to make the delays sound mushy if you use heavy reverb settings. Just a matter of preference.

Trending Topics