Reverb Pedal Suggestions Please!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bryan29, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Bryan29

Bryan29 Supporting Member

I'm thinking about adding a Reverb pedal to my board and I was wondering what you guys were using, as well as pros and cons.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

I have a T-Rex Room Mate reverb that I bought just before I got my Two-Rock that has a really beautiful reverb in it. I'm puting together another board for a diferent project and was about to put the room mate on it when a freind and great player tells me about the Dr Scientist reverb pedal. The room mate is great but the 12V AC thing can be a bit of a pain, where as the Dr Scientist is standard 9V dc. It hasn't arrived yet so I'm yet to do an A/B but am expecting good things from the Dr Scientist.
    Would also be interested in hearing pros and cons

3. EdMan57

EdMan57 Member

I really like my Rocktron Cyborg Reverb.No "spring" setting,but I really don't miss such.Check out the audio clip at www.rocktron.com .

Ed

4. jac37656

jac37656 Member

Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator. Your reverb pedal search has just ended. :)

5. Bryan29

Bryan29 Supporting Member

The T-Rex is probably nice but I already have a Replica that set me back quite a bit and I don't want to go in that deep for a reverb pedal either.

6. Starquasi

Starquasi Member

how about on the cheap (relatively)? im in search of a reverb pedal as well...can anyone compare the line 6 verbzilla against the EH Holy Grail Plus (+)??....much thanks in advance.....

7. RC2

RC2 Silver Supporting Member

The Dr. Scientist RRR dose a really great Room, Hall, and Plate reverb. The new ones also have a fairly good Lesley Rotary effect in them. A big plus for me is that it runs of a standard 9v Boss style adapter.
    The only draw back to the RRR is it doesn't have Spring Rev. If thats important to you look at the Reverbamate Spring Rev.

8. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

I totally agree with 2EZ. If you need spring reverb, then go for one of the Vanamps models (I had the Sole Mate).

If you don't need spring (or if you want to use your pedal in an effects loop), then the Dr. Scientist pedal is a wonderful pedal. I love mine. It can go from warm and subtle to outright crazy.

9. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

Does anybody know anthing about the Demeter reverb pedal? I heard someone recently raving about them, but can't seem to find any info. The other thing about the Roommate and Dr Scientist is that I really want a spring reverb in there. Kinda don't understand why a cheap EH reverb pedal would have one in but the more expensive (and better sounding imo) reverb pedals seem to omit arguably the most obvious reverb setting. Is it a standard processor chip that doesn't have spring reverb as a programmed sound?

10. Cottage

Cottage Member

I love the sound of the Holy Grail, but its just too noisy for me. Eventually settled for a Boss RV-5. It does the job. I just use it for Greeny impersonations, otherwise, its off.

11. 6789

6789 Member

12. psquared

psquared Supporting Member

The best I've tried that doesn't get mentioned much is the Tech 21 Boost R.V.B. Great verbs that are quiet and has the added bonus of an end of the line boost/buffer.