Reverb pedal with a predelay control, a tone control and Spring and Hall modes?

lofiloopjunky

Hi, I'm looking for a reverb pedal that has a predelay control that can go from no predelay as well as adjusting predelay, a tone control and very good spring and hall modes. Simple controls preferred. I can't seem to find one apart from a EHX Cathedral unless spending $$$ on a Ventris or similar, any ideas on improvements to the Cathedral (particularly to the hall mode)?

Mosley

Electric Catnip
Platinum Supporting Member
Cathedral is a great pedal that does exactly what you’re looking for. It’s big but it sounds big too. Also, being able to save a preset for each mode is nice.

hemmelight

Been using the Laney Secret Path for a while now and quite like it. The ‘secret path’ mode is sortof a blend between a hall and something else, but it’s worth a look at. I use the plate mode exclusively, but the spring is pretty nice also.
I think that it sounds much better than something like the Hall of Fame, but it isn’t spendy like one of the ‘super reverbs’ you see from strymon or whoever.

krik

Hi, I'm looking for a reverb pedal that has a predelay control that can go from no predelay as well as adjusting predelay, a tone control and very good spring and hall modes. Simple controls preferred. I can't seem to find one apart from a EHX Cathedral unless spending $$$ on a Ventris or similar, any ideas on improvements to the Cathedral (particularly to the hall mode)?

I've assigned the controls on my Hall of Fame to do exactly what you've described. I use the plate mode though, so can't speak to the quality of spring and hall sounds.

lofiloopjunky

Been using the Laney Secret Path for a while now and quite like it. The ‘secret path’ mode is sortof a blend between a hall and something else, but it’s worth a look at. I use the plate mode exclusively, but the spring is pretty nice also.
I think that it sounds much better than something like the Hall of Fame, but it isn’t spendy like one of the ‘super reverbs’ you see from strymon or whoever.
Can you dial out the shimmer from the secret path mode so it sounds more like a hall?

lofiloopjunky

Cathedral is a great pedal that does exactly what you’re looking for. It’s big but it sounds big too. Also, being able to save a preset for each mode is nice.
I've listened to some demos but I can hear lots of artifacts in the decay and something sounding like the reverb splitting in quick delays on the hall mode, I'm hoping there is something that improves on the Cathedral's hall mode.

hemmelight

Cool, hope you dig it. Sometimes I think about buying something else like the Immerse, but then I remember that I only use one type of reverb most of the time so it would be a waste of money. :p

My only gripe with the Laney is that the knobs can be hard to read unless you're super close to the pedal, but if you're a 'set and forget' kinda player then it's not so bad.

David M.

Silver Supporting Member
Strymon Blue Sky, Spring, Room and Plate. The Room PreDelay turned up is Hall.

High Cut, Low Cut with Mix, PreDelay and Decay. The update has Midi with a dedicated Shimmer Knob and you can switch Modulation on with any Reverb Algorithm.

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
Red panda context 2 is amazing. And there’s a web editor that is just sooooo simple. Presets are easy, it’s just my perfect reverb pedal.

John Mark Painter

Gold Supporting Member

Alan Wolf

Silver Supporting Member
Before you buy anything, check out the Free the Tone Ambi Space. Absolutely the best plate I’ve heard shy of some older rack units, and the spring, room and hall are right up there. Very easy to adjust, has 4 presets, and midi.

-AK

JHS 3 series Reverb. While not specifically a spring or a hall, has the pre-delay, tone and simple controls.

Most importantly, it just sounds really good.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom