Reverb pedal with character

Super Locrian

I would like to find a reverb pedal that's doesn't sound too nice. More gothic than new age ambience, if you know what I mean.

So far, I have considered the Meteore Lo Fi reverb, the Keeley Gold Star and the DBA Reverberation Machine. The last one is too extreme, the other two are still contenders, but I would like to hear some other suggestions. My budget is max $200, so Strymon and Eventide are not viable options for me.

lesscold

EQD Ghost Echo. Definitely gives me an old smoky vibe, without being too huge or enveloping. Also, does a great job getting out of the way of yr dry signal (perfect if you play a lotta Jazz chords)

mattymel

Hate to say it, but for under $200 and you want Gothic, I'd still go HoF. I never use anything but springs and plates, which are my least fave on the HoF, but it does so many different types (not to mention a downright intimidating number of tone prints). Just none AMAZINGLY well. But good.

Truth be told, no one in an audience is going to hear the difference between a HoF and any of the others listed here.

ES330

EQD Ghost Echo. Definitely gives me an old smoky vibe, without being too huge or enveloping. Also, does a great job getting out of the way of yr dry signal (perfect if you play a lotta Jazz chords)
Agree !!!
If you play chord melodies... this is your pedal !!!

JGonzalez

I'm surprised the Old Blood Noise Dark Star doesn't get talked about much here. It can sound angelic or demonic, up to you. It is extremely captivating.

Meriphew

Never tried them, but I'd imagine that the Death By Audio pedals might have a different type of reverb flavor. You might also look at Keeley's Goldstar reverb.

Trending Topics