Reverb pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Soundhound, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

I know this has been done, if not to death, then near death, but I'm looking for a reverb pedal. I just got a used Black Cat nr 30w head and am really happy with it, but would like just a touch of verb. I tried some delay dialed in to compensate and it was nice, but not quite right. So:

What's everybody's favorite pedal reverb? I'd like to get something small to stick on a pedalboard, or at most a half rack unit or so to sit on top of the amp, but not a whole reverb unit, don't want to have to carry more stuff around, and I'm hoping I don't have to spend too much.

2. what?

what? Member

I've got a line 6 verbzilla and tried rewog's EH holy grail, both are good, but the verbzilla has got more feature and smaller footprint. Havent compare them side by side though...the verbzilla can be tricky to setup...I only use the 63 reverb setting

3. Mullet Kingdom

Mullet Kingdom Senior Member

4. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

I have the EH Holy Grail and it's a really nice sounding pedal. Doesn't seem to suck too much tone either. Don't seem to use reverb much these days though.

5. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

I heard the EBS Stereo reverb pedal rocks, but it is speennndy for a reverb pedal.

6. bluesbreaker59

bluesbreaker59 Silver Supporting Member

Sorry to be a nay-sayer, but unless its Blackface reverb, or other quality "Fender like, built into the amp reverb" (Vibroking, reverb unit, Weber revibe, Victoria reverbarato, etc.) don't waste your time or money.

Just use a little slap back delay, I find those you can come much closer to authentic room ambience with than you can with reverb pedals. My personal fave is the Danelectro Dan Echo, yes laugh, but its a great pedal, sounds about 95% close to my old Mestro EP-3's, which IMHO, are the best ambient effect ever

7. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

interesting, those dan echos are priced right too. Bluesbreaker have you tried the verbzilla and ebs pedals? And if so, liked the dan echo more (though not a proper substitute for a real outboard reverb)?

8. david henman

david henman Member

...i'm pretty happy with the verbzilla. nice decays!

-dh

9. bickertfan

bickertfan Member

The Vanamps SoleMate is worth a look. I have one and can vouch for it sonically. I have owned the HG and while the actual effect is good , it did suck some life from the sound. The sole mate is not small (probably more suited for on top of amp use) and not cheap either but for me I was'nt happy with the regular production reverb pedals.

10. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

I havent heard one but the new T-rex reverb pedal looks pretty interesting...

RC

11. RomanS

RomanS Member

EH Holy Grail - perfect if you are looking for spring-type reverb!

12. Lution

Lution Member