Reverb seller claims Gibson puts “fragrance in their lacquer”

BlueRiff

The scent actually impacts your brain's addictive pathways. It turns out that Gibson's scent chemical, SNIFF-1, blocks reuptake of dopamine in the synaptic cleft, thereby flooding it with dopamine and enhancing the player's sense of pleasure and well being. The more one sweats on the gig, the more SNIFF-1 is released in an addictive feedback system growing ever more intense. Gibson players need to keep playing more and buying more SGs, LPs, and 335s in order maintain the pleasurable response over time. It may sound like a happy path to some. But those who suddenly switch to Strats endure horrific withdrawal symptoms.

Last edited:

IAE

The scent actually impacts your brain's addictive pathways. It turns out that Gibson's scent chemical, SNIFF-1, blocks reuptake of dopamine in the synapse, thereby enhancing the player's sense of pleasure and well being. The more one sweats on the gig, the more SNIFF-1 is released in an addictive feedback system growing ever more intense. Gibson players need to keep playing more and buying more SGs, LPs, and 335s in order maintain the pleasurable response over time. It may sound like a happy path to some. But those who suddenly switch to Strats endure horrific withdrawal symptoms.
LOL

makeitstop

Old dude with guitars
Platinum Supporting Member
Some of my Reverend Guitars smell like Cupcakes.
Glue used inside the case, not fragrance.

I can hear it now "Rare ES-335 Reissue in Chanel #5, trade for one in Jean Nate".
I got a Logan Tele a few weeks back. Spent the first day going back and forth between playing it and smelling it.

It's not the guitar - it's an additive to the the case lining to keep the adhesive from disintegrating in cold temperatures.

Last edited:

Trending Topics