Reverb Seller mix up . Scam Potential

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by RockDebris, Apr 27, 2018.

1. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

I think this is as the seller says, but wanted to ask around if there is any way this may result in a scam.

Bought a pedal, shipping was fast, but received the wrong pedal. Someone else received the pedal I bought and I received theirs according to the Seller.

Seller has asked me to send back the pedal, told me they already informed Reverb (I see none of that) and the other buyer will be sending back the pedal I bought. The seller has said they will make good on any shipping fees.

Right now, I have no communication with Reverb regarding this and I know that the package I received will be marked received ... I guess freeing up the funds?

Should do something more to make sure I'm protected? (ie: Do I initiate a refund first because the wrong item was received?). I need to call Reverb too, just no time right now to hang on the phone.

2. rmconner80

rmconner80 Cantankerous Luddite Silver Supporting Member

What’s the sellers feedback look like? Can you look at his prior sales to see the pedal you received as sold?

3. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon

It depends on whether you find the seller trustworthy. I've actually done this before (here) and the two buyers shipped the pedals to each other and I PP'ed them the shipping fees. That was the easiest thing to do. But I have a flawless rating here and I have no idea about your seller.

4. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Silver Supporting Member

Use their refund feature, then there’s a paper trail once he approves the return and you ship it back. Plus, I’m assuming this is all done in their messaging system so you have that as backup too.

el capitan likes this.
  5. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Supporting Member

Talk to somebody at reverb using the "Need Help?" chat thing on their website. They will help you, and (imo) that's the best way to deal with your situation.

6. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

If the seller has solid feedback, I could see that mix up happening. I bought some PA gear on Ebay from a seller and they sent me two of the items. Not the exact same scenario as yours, but it shows mix ups can happen.

7. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

Thanks all! I did as bluejazzoid suggested and used the Need Help feature. They advise to simply send it back without doing anything else. I did think it was an honest mistake and nothing fishy going on, but you never know ... people invest a lot of time and effort figuring out how to scam.

8. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

1. Do exactly as Reverb says.
    2. Otherwise, return the wrong pedal for a refund. The seller can relist the pedal when he receives it back, and you can repurchase.

I've seen too many scams out there, and the bad guys can be very imaginative. Do it by the book, and if you didn't get exactly what you ordered, get your money back asap.

DrakeSequation likes this.