Reverb, "Spacializer" Pedal???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jokerjkny, Feb 6, 2006.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

hey all,

first off, NO DELAYS. that's not what i'm looking for.

lookin' for a pedal that has lots of reverb and plate reverb options that i can switch on the fly. i think H&K made something, but i also remember it sounding like ass. had the Boss one, but got sick of it, and want to see what else is out there.

tried using my Alesis NanoVerb, but too hard to reach down or around to my amp to turn it on and off when i need to midsong. any ideas?

2. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Rackmount may be the way to go-ie. an old Roland SRV-2000 or Ibanez SDR-1000+ or for a bit more $$ a lexicon PCM91 or TC M2000

3. JeffD

JeffD Very slow but persistent Supporting Member

California Central Coast between LA and the Bay
    Did you otherwise like the tone of the NanoVerb? Just curious as I've considered getting one. I have compared the EBS Dynaverb to the Boss, and I think it sounds a little better. But it you can't switch between verbs on the fly. Perhaps the Line 6 pedal will do this.

4. mbutler

mbutler Member

The New Digitech reverb sounds great. Better than the Boss IMHO. And it's only $100 new.

5. g-nem

g-nem Member

I saw theo bleckmann last night and all he used for reverb was a nanoverb- it sounded great and he used it for huge verb sounds. Why not just stick it in a TB loop? Put it under your second level riser and you're done. FWIW the pico verb is supposed to be even better sounding- get 2 and you can even have on the fly presets:)

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

actually, yea, i love it! waaaaaay better than any pedal. a shame that someone at alesis doesnt wise up and stick this bad boy in a midi capable compact foot pedal.

7. amper

amper Member

I think you'd probably be best of looking for a rackmount unit with a foot controller, probably something like the t.c. electronic units (M-One XL, etc). At least until Boss makes the RV-20 dual-pedal format Digital Reverb...

8. JeffD

JeffD Very slow but persistent Supporting Member

California Central Coast between LA and the Bay
    Interesting. These are small enough to just set on top of an amp. I might look into one. THanks.

9. The_Whale

The_Whale Member

IMHOT

(In my humble opinion too)

10. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I had a tc M300 and sold it to get a G Major, both used in a stereo wet/dry/wet setup. They were both nice, but when I A/B'd it with a Line6 Verbzilla, I sold the G Major - the Verbzilla was that much better. I was very surprised. It's quicker and easier to tweak on the fly too. Listen to the demos on their site to get a taste. There are lots of useable reverbs, including a big Cave. I use it with the Echo Park and Boss CE-20 - BIG BIG SOUNDS - especially with the Dimension D settings - actually all the different choruses are beautiful!

11. yanquii

yanquii Member

Verbzilla hands down for what you are looking for.

12. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Doesn't the Nanoverb have a 1/4" jack on the back for a momentary pedal to turn it off/on?

13. RickB

RickB Member

I have a TC M-One which is my favorite reverb. I have 2 M300's which are close but not the same. The Verbizilla definitely sits in between these two. So I agree to look at the Verbzilla or a M-One. You might also want to look at the Boss VF-1. It has the RSS algorithms in there that do spatializer stuff.