Reverb Suggestion: Wet Stereo, Topanga or Flint

lowinchi

I'm thinking about picking up the Stereo Wet reverb. Just heard the demos and read up on the Topanga and I'm digging it, although not sure of the price point, assuming around the same price as the Stereo Wet. The Flint has always intrigued me. It's a little more money, but has a tremolo option.

If choosing between the 3 which one? If choosing between Wet and Topanga, which way would you go?

Thank you in advance.

-AK

One of your 3 options isn't out yet.

Might be worthwhile to ask this once it is available

mrverks

Silver Supporting Member
I've only tried the Flint, but it nails spring, plate and hall reverbs. A LOT of range and a ton of usable sounds ranging from 60's blackface verb to ambient cathedral sounds.. And that's only half the pedal. The tremolo side is amazing too. It'll never leave my board.

Geosh

The Flint and the Stereo Wet are both incredible pedals. I wouldn't think twice putting either one on my board. For a while, I actually used both.

The Flint can cover a lot of ground and there is nothing I didn't like about the reverb side. Anything to very natural reverbs to more atmospheric stuff, though not quite the "huge ambient" sounds as with the Wet. The tremolo isn't bad either, but I prefer the Empress or Diamond Trems.

The Stereo Wet is nice as you can load other presets, so you have a lot more flexibility there. Also, the expression controls are a very nice option. The modulation and shimmer modes on the Wet are better than most if not all of the reverbs I have tried. I now own a Big Sky Reverb, and I still have the Wet around because I have yet to re-create the sounds it can do that I love.

I have not had any experience with the third option so I can't comment there. Between the other 2 though, I don't think you would be dissappointed with either one, depening on the sounds you are looking for. If you lean to the more "natural verb" side, then Flint. If you are primarily looking for huge ambient reverb or shimmer, then I would go Wet. If you are somewhere in the middle and don't really care about shimmer, then they both can cover a lot of the middle ground very well.

I highly recommend the nonrealsed pedal that has one demo from the floor of NAMM. I mean there are almost no details on it, but i can feel in my bones its the right reverb.

warren3333

Gold Supporting Member
The Wet. Much more natural and 'organic' to my ears than the other two...

But the King of em all is the Big Sky. An amazing device, and it does the 'Wet' thing...

fooby

I can speak for the wet, it can do anything from short snappy reverbs to almost infinite ambient sounds, & that's just on the stock patch. You can hook up two exp. switches too if you need more options. I haven't tried the flint, but I'd guess that if you don't need big ambient reverbs, it's a better deal. Only £40 more, over here in England at least.

Snufkinoob

I highly recommend the nonrealsed pedal that has one demo from the floor of NAMM. I mean there are almost no details on it, but i can feel in my bones its the right reverb.
The Wet. Much more natural and 'organic' to my ears than the other two...

But the King of em all is the Big Sky. An amazing device, and it does the 'Wet' thing...
1) I should hope so. I mean the Topanga is specifically modelling a spring tank so it's not going to be 'natural' sounding.

2) OP: Out of these three small reverb pedals, which do you recommend? Not sure on the Flint as it's a bit pricey.

TGP: The giant one that costs $180 more than the one you can just about afford if it's justifiable.

Never change, TGP. Never change.

mdmack

In my opinion the Stereo WET is the best sounding reverb out, but I also own a Flint becuase the harmonic trem is AMAZING. At first I never even thought about messing with the Flints verb I used the WET 100% of the time, but now Im finding myself turning the Flint verb on a little every now and then. I still think the WET rules the reverb game, but the flint is not a bad option at all.

ES330

A friend had the Flint, and we dug the tremelo !!!!
But a reverb A/B with the WET... we both chose the WET.
Plus, the WET sits just perfect in a live mix... where it's best

lowinchi

Thank you for the helpful responses.

Obviously the one pedal is not out yet, but people familiar with the brand and style may have opinions on why I should wait.

-AK

Joking aside, I'd absolutely wait for the catalinbread. Those guys know reverb and they make good stuff.

Trending Topics