Reverb Suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by METAL, May 22, 2020.

1. METAL

METAL Member

Not really an FX guy, but decided I want to get a Reverb pedal. Will almost exclusively be using it for ambient clean stuff. Having options are nice, but want something relatively straight forward that's easy to dial in something cool, but also have the options in case I want to get more in depth later on. Was considering the TC Hall of Fame 2 which seems to check of all the boxes, but I want to see if there are any there viable options before I decide.. Anything else in that price range I should consider? Another important thing for me is size, I simply don't have the space on my board the larger pedals (PedalTrain Classic Jr). Thanks in advance.

2. PatrickE_FenderADV

PatrickE_FenderADV Supporting Member

3. martyncrew

martyncrew Gold Supporting Member

For ambient clean I use the Mr Black Supermoon pedal. The straight reverb is really good and the "sway" control introduces the ambience washes. If you want more ambience, the Mr Black Eterna pedal is one of my favorites. I use them stacked and really like the combination. Both use standard sized enclosures. Yes, I'm a Mr Black fan!

Hawkmoon269 likes this.
  4. mrpinter

mrpinter Supporting Member

Dr Scientist Reverberator: halls, rooms, plates and a rotary sim. Huge sounds from a compact box.
    [​IMG]

Alabamarama likes this.
  5. Jim Marciano

Jim Marciano Supporting Member

DigiTech hardwire supernatural/polara/rv7
    Lexicon reverbs for around $100
    The supernatural is the most ambient

6. BlueLou

BlueLou Supporting Member

+1 on the Digitech Polara. Loved it, but didn't do enough things with it and booted it off for an EQD Dispatch Master to get delay and/or verb for added versatility. Seems like the Polara would be good for you as it has plenty of tweak ability, but is still intuitive. Now if they would just make the writing a bit bigger. P.S. the liveliness pot is super useful.

7. Alabamarama

Alabamarama Member

+1 For the Dr. Scientist suggestion. Such a good reverb in a small enclosure.

EQD Ghost Echo V3iV3 my suggestion for another small box verb. Not overly complicated and it just sounds great.

8. Strumlord

Strumlord Member

I’ve been immersed in the Specular tempus

9. cam0122

cam0122 Member

Catalinbread Talisman plate reverb pedal.

10. david(j)

david(j) Supporting Member

1st Neunaber Immerse mention? Crazy.

Neunaber Immerse is straight forward in operation, flexible, diverse, and epic on tones. And on sale right now because Covid.