• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Reverb with presets and trails in between? No Bigsky or H9 :)

rochell59

Silver Supporting Member
Hey,

I've been using my Flint for a long time with the tap/fave as a preset. I have a spring reverb on all the time and a super ambient preset. The issue is that the trails cut off when switching from the ambient setting back to the short spring setting. I get around it by turning off the reverb while still in preset mode and let the trails die down a bit before switching back to the standard spring. It works almost all the time, but my attention is sometimes needed somewhere else. Make sense?

Anyway, it's getting old. I don't want to move to a Bigsky or H9 because I only really need two sounds-- three tops. I need a reverb with presets and the ability to trail off into the next preset.

I'm currently checking out the Wet V2 and exp controller, but I'm not sure if the trails continue into the next preset. Anyone care to confirm?

It'd be best if Strymon just added this functionality because I've been loving the Flint for years!

Thanks!

Suproman58

Honestly, I'd just consider getting a second reverb pedal to add to your Flint. That way there's no cutoff, you could stack them for more wash in your ambient tones, and you'd get a 3rd "preset" on your board. I've considered this myself....I like to have a slight room reverb for fullness in general, but the modulated and plate shimmer sounds on my BlueSky are both so nice :). Wouldn't mind adding a TC HoF to my board, for sure.

Cgkindler

Wish I could add something man, but the BigSky fits that to a T.

That said, adding another small box Strymon would be awesome. Or any other verb for that matter. Giving you the ability to stack verbs - which is a great creative thing in its own right - is a lot of fun!

Good luck!

Gibs210

The trails will cut out if you change effects on a nuenaber, but will continue if you change presets on one effect. It will change the depth settings from one preset to the other, but if you hange from say a wet algo to the seraphim algo, it will cut out, it won't be a smooth tansition from one to the other.

To be fair though, that would require a lot of processing power, since you'd be running 2 effects at once, even if he one is decaying out. That's a lot to ask from an MXR sized box. I'd say a line 6 m9 would do it, but I'm sure that falls alon the lines of no h9 or big sky.

minty901

Yeah WET 2 + ExP sounds perfect. Also, the when you change preset it doesnt "trail", the first reverb present "morphs" into the second apparently.

Suproman58

Dang it, now I want another reverb pedal. Thanks a lot, guys. :rolleyes2: I just started experimenting with stacking delays though (DL4 into Delaylab), so as much as I enjoy good reverb, it's at the bottom of the list with the "that'd be nice/maybe someday/if I see a ridiculous on it" stuff.

I'm gonna go play some guitar now, and use what I have - away foul GAS!!!

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
To clarify the Wet preset situation, there are four algorithms available (white, blue, green, & red) and each algorithm has two presets (yellow and purple). When you change algorithms, there is a gap, but when you change presets within an algorithm, it's seamless.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
If you have space & $$$, I would just add a Wet to your current setup, and use the plate on it for your ambient verb. The Neunaber Plate is luscious.

Suproman58

Will the Strymon Blue Sky presets do trails?
Nope. I usually have a bit of room reverb on my preset to keep my signal from sounding too dry, then put big ambient stuff on the manual side (modulated/plate-shimmer). It always cuts off when I hit the preset button or flick either of the "reverb type/effect" switches to another mode. Tail cuts off and starts over.

I know the Strymon pedals have some extra options under the hood (BSR lets you boost/cut up to 3db if you hold down both footswitches and turn the mix knob), but nothing in the manual tells me it can leave the tails on between preset and manual modes.

Suproman58

Anybody out there have a TC Nova Reverb? This looks good and versatile, and stores a preset the same way the Strymon does. I don't know if it cuts off the reverb between modes though. Can anyone who's tried one report?

bass_econo

SOUNDBLOX 2 DIMENSION REVERB FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
  • Diverse Sound Palette — Featuring 6 different room sounds, 2 plate reverbs, 2 spring reverbs, modulation reverb, and echo.
  • Compact, cast aluminum housing.
  • 2 User Presets easily recalled via two footswitches.
  • Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass.
  • 9 Adjustable Parameters — adjust the wet/dry mix, time (i.e. resonance), treble, bass, pre-delay, diffusion, output level, modulation rate, and modulation depth.
  • Multi-function In — use the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal or the Hot Hand Motion Sensor for on-the-fly control over any of the 9 adjustable parameters.
  • MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters.
  • State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
  • 9V DC power supply included
  • Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs)

CaseyI

SOUNDBLOX 2 DIMENSION REVERB FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
  • Diverse Sound Palette — Featuring 6 different room sounds, 2 plate reverbs, 2 spring reverbs, modulation reverb, and echo.
  • Compact, cast aluminum housing.
  • 2 User Presets easily recalled via two footswitches.
  • Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass.
  • 9 Adjustable Parameters — adjust the wet/dry mix, time (i.e. resonance), treble, bass, pre-delay, diffusion, output level, modulation rate, and modulation depth.
  • Multi-function In — use the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal or the Hot Hand Motion Sensor for on-the-fly control over any of the 9 adjustable parameters.
  • MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters.
  • State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
  • 9V DC power supply included
  • Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs)
The SA doesn't spillover from one preset to the other though. This doesn't fit his requirements.

MagnumSSS

Hey,

I've been using my Flint for a long time with the tap/fave as a preset. I have a spring reverb on all the time and a super ambient preset. The issue is that the trails cut off when switching from the ambient setting back to the short spring setting. I get around it by turning off the reverb while still in preset mode and let the trails die down a bit before switching back to the standard spring. It works almost all the time, but my attention is sometimes needed somewhere else. Make sense?

Anyway, it's getting old. I don't want to move to a Bigsky or H9 because I only really need two sounds-- three tops. I need a reverb with presets and the ability to trail off into the next preset.

I'm currently checking out the Wet V2 and exp controller, but I'm not sure if the trails continue into the next preset. Anyone care to confirm?

It'd be best if Strymon just added this functionality because I've been loving the Flint for years!

Thanks!
This is my exact problem right now. What did you end up doing?

Trending Topics