• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Reverbamate Reverb and Sole-Mate...

Niblos

Could someone explain the difference between the two units? I have a '62 Bassman and would really LOVE to have a decent reverb. I have narrowed it down to these two units and wondered if the range of the Reverbamate is any better than the Sole-Mate or is it essentially down to the 2 channel option capability? Do you always have to run two cables with the reverbamate?

I LOVE this demo with the Sole-Mate and was curious if the reverbamate has the same capacity? Wicked Game is KILLER - I really want that Chris Isaak vibe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDzRTd6pEhQ

Both units seem to be the same price.

bratch

In short:

same pedal, but the Reverbamate has a dry out and a full wet out. Two cables would be necessary in the typical guitar/amp setup.

Solemate has a single output with a set mix.

There are some pedals out there that have three outputs (I had one of these and it was awesome. I miss it bad). The Reverbamate might be cooler with a two channel amp like the old Bassman because you can really control the wet/dry on it by adjusting the bass and normal channels.

mad dog

Gold Supporting Member
I almost got the reverbamate, back when it first came out. Problem was, the tweed type amps I needed reverb for sound best jumpered. So the reverbamate works good in theory, but in practice wasn't useful to me.

The solemate is a different story.

Captain Zero

I have a Sole-Mate and love it. Though 2 times now, the reverb pan(accoutronics) has broken on me. I've never left the house with it, or kicked it for that spring "boinngg."

Great sounding spring reverb, just be easy with it.

Niblos

I have a Sole-Mate and love it. Though 2 times now, the reverb pan(accoutronics) has broken on me. I've never left the house with it, or kicked it for that spring "boinngg."

Great sounding spring reverb, just be easy with it.
Ouch! $300 and it breaks twice on you? What in the world? Do you have any other suggestions? I had narrowed it down to the reverbamate but this scares me although I planned on using it on top of my rig rather than a pedal.

How did you fix it?

Bottom line: would you buy it again?

Last edited:

Niblos

Got the following reply from VANAMPS this afternoon and it seems the kinks have been worked out:

"The Accutronics tanks have been inconsistent in the past.
We were able to stabilize the spring problem oursevles and they are much better about the spring attachment. Where the “ultra” sensitive thing came from I’m not sure, most all reverbs use Accutronics tanks so the other manufactures had the same problem. Since this issue came to light with the springs falling off, we have put in place extra testing on them. We haven’t had a return for the spring issue in over a year and a half now. Our testing and stabilizing is working."

I think I'll go with a brand new sole-mate (maybe tweed). It seems everyone tends to lean towards that unit. Although I'd love to save the bucks on a used unit I don't want to take a chance on any problems. Time to save some more money.

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Had a sole mate, loved it, one of the springs fell off. it was pretty easy to put back on.
for that kind of money I can't imagine getting anything but that blue sky
spring, plate, room, and shimmer

RadackGuitars

Silver Supporting Member
There is now a Sole-mate Jr. available which allows you to run a full size tank if you wish.
I'm in.

Trending Topics