• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Reverb's The Pedal Movie is out

eSS eSS

If you expect things for free back in the day I would call you naïve… These days they TELL you it’s free but are really really in your pockets anyway...so you’re still naïve I guess.

If you ever complain about quality and content here’s your reason. They have to sell enough of something so the free loaders pick it up enough that the people that are willing to pay for it do so.

SAVEStheDAY

If you expect things for free back in the day I would call you naïve… These days they TELL you it’s free but are really really in your pockets anyway...so you’re still naïve I guess.

If you ever complain about quality and content here’s your reason. They have to sell enough of something so the free loaders pick it up enough that the people that are willing to pay for it do so.
I have a decent library of physical and digital media that will attest to the fact that I'm ok paying for content. This is a documentary shot by Reverb, not a major motion picture by Pixar. I don't think it's silly to think a long form ad would be streaming on YouTube.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member

Fair point in general. However, we are talking about a glorified infomercial here. At least that is my expectation. I bought a couple pedals so I plan to use the free view (if I can figure it out) and reserve the right to be surprised by the production.

update edit: my subsequent comments reflect that I was indeed pleasantly surprised to find this film in no way promotes or mentions the reverb platform. There is plenty of airtime for relevant builders, and no way for them not to benefit from the coverage. However, infomercial it is not. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

burton56

Just do what I’m going to do:
-Buy the movie.
-Watch the movie.
-Sell my copy of the movie as a “Reliced” version.
I’m hoping to get around $14.99 for it. But of course after fees, shipping and having to lower my inflated price, I’ll still be in the red.

danoverb

Fair point in general. However, we are talking about a glorified infomercial here. At least that is my expectation. I bought a couple pedals so I plan to use the free view (if I can figure it out) and reserve the right to be surprised by the production.
Meh? Seems dumb to pay to watch a thinly veiled advertisement by Reverb for Reverb. Could it be more interesting than the free (ad based) content by the Pedal Show or Five Watt World? Maybe but is it worth $10 to find out?

Fwiw, reverb isn't mentioned in the movie once.