Reverend All-tone Speakers...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by twangyt, Oct 3, 2006.

1. twangyt

twangyt Member

Anyone here currently using 'em? What amps do they sound best in and for what type of tones? Looks like they were dang well worth the $$$ if they sounded good...

2. ari

ari Member

I use it in my Laney LC-50II. I think Reverend's original description is accurate -- good Fendery clean and smooth Marshally distortion. Not too "in your face" -- well balanced.

ari

3. MuseCafeChris

MuseCafeChris Senior Member

+1

I have a pair in my Peavey Classic 50 2x12 combo and they are great in that amp.

4. Skip62

Skip62 Member

add another, I had one in my Hot Rod Deluxe, made all the difference in the world. When you can find them, they are cheap, but no longer in production. I wish I'd kept it when I sold the amp, wasn't thinking too good that day.

5. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

I had one in a Reverborocket...Smoother than a Jensen reissue, full and Fendery-sounding. Nice speakers.

6. BradKM

BradKM Member

I'll echo the comments above. I've got one in my Princeton Reverb...it's just a great all around speaker.

7. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

The previous owner of our '65 Twin Reverb put Alltones in there. It's the best blackface Twin Reverb I've heard, so we're leaving them there.

8. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

The design of the Alltone is basically like a vintage ceramic Jensen but with a British style cone. It's a wonderful speaker. I have one (stock) in my Reverend Hellhound 1X12 combo, a second in my Cage Bandmaster-alike one-off (pictured below), and two more in my closet for future madness.

P.S. No, you cannot buy one from me. :)

[​IMG]

9. martyncrew

martyncrew Gold Supporting Member

+1 for Reverend Alltone 1250 - I have one in my one-off Reverend Club King amp in place of the stock Jensen Neo. Much warmer, more organic tone IMO.

+1 for Reverend Alltone 1025s - I have these in a 2 x 10 cab that makes anything sound good! The best 10" speaker I've ever used. I've used these in a Princeton and Vox Cambridge with great results but love the sound of them cranked up thru an EL84 head.

10. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

OK sound people like them. What are they really? Did Reverend make them himself or were they OEM'ed from some other company.

11. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes Supporting Member

I think Eminence made those for Joe.

12. Wayne

Wayne Member

+1 for the Reverend Alltone 1250. I tried a lot of speakers in my rebuilt Deluxe Reverb and this is the speaker that won my personal shootout. It's stayed in the amp for 3+ years.

[​IMG]

Wayne

13. Sparky6string

Sparky6string Member

I've been wanting to try one of these but haven't been able to find one. If anyone knows where I can get one please let me know.

14. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

I would have guessed something like that.

So is there a current Eminence that corresponds?

15. 5881

5881 Supporting Member

I have used several of the 1250's over the years, and still have one in a 5E3 Mission I built. I think it's the best Fender~Jensen out there. Too bad they are no longer made.

16. Jon Silberman

No one's certain who made them, the prevailing wisdom is Eminence did until they adopted their policy of only allowing privately labeled new Eminence speakers to be sold when installed in amps, i.e., not separately, at which point Joe reportedly switched to Creedence Speakers, however, as I said at the outset, this is all but legend. ;)

17. CitizenCain

CitizenCain Member

They show up on eBay every once in a while. However, the Weber Signature 12B is almost the exact same speaker as the Alltone. It's a C12N design with a British cone. I had one in a Deluxe Reverb II and it rocked! Check 'em out :D

18. Sparky6string

Sparky6string Member

Interesting... thanks CC. :BEER

19. Jon Silberman

I ordered a Weber C12B once, it suffered from horrible cone cry making it literally unusable. Admittedly, though, that was several years ago.

Haven't experienced similar problems with my Alltones.

20. Moods

Moods Supporting Member

After years of searching and trying everything I could the Alltone 1250 has been the only speaker that could replace the original speakers in my BF amps. Very authentic Jensen tone with NO cone cry. Wish Reverend would build it again.

<M