Reverend Alltone 1250... still being made?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Moods, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Moods

Moods Supporting Member

I recently put an Alltone 1250 in a buddies old 65 Deluxe Reverb and was surprised by the tone. First time I have heard this speaker. It sounded so close to my original C12N's I couldn't believe it. Much closer than the other replica's I have tried. I might even like it more than the original C12N with that amp. Definitely tighter in the bottom and a little less icepick. What do you guys think of the 1250? Are they still available? Price? Anybody have one they want to sell? How do the 10's compare to the 12's?

Thanks

<M

2. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

I'm pretty sure that they have discontinues these speakers

3. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

They're discontinued. Naylor is using Jensen Neos in the next-generation Kingsnakes and didn't find it cost-effective to continue to have the All-Tones made.

I agree with your assessment of the speaker, by the way. I have one now in my Reverend Hellhound, a 2nd in my Cage one-off, and a third in storage for "future contingencies."

[​IMG]

4. Moods

Moods Supporting Member

Man, it seems like it's always that way... when you find something that works it's no longer being made. It's too bad based on what my buddies DR sounds like. Great sounding speaker.

Thanks for the info.

<M

5. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

I have two identical 1 12 cabs, one with an Alltone and one with a Jensen Neo. Very similar sounds, fwiw, ymmv.......

jon

6. tom grossheider

tom grossheider Member

Moods, Keith Smith was selling the Alltone 1250 (pretty sure that was the model) that I included in the SFDR I sold to him. Not sure if he has sold it yet though, give him a holler.

7. tmac

tmac Goldmember Gold Supporting Member

I have two 1250s. One in my Princeton Rev (w/12" baffle) and one as a spare. They're great. I tried the Jensen Neo in in my PR but I like the 1250 a bit better. The Neo is very good though, very smooth in the high end.

One good thing about the 1250 is there is no cone cry issues(even when blasting it with Block 45 head).

8. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

The 1250 is great...sounds nice in my 70s DR. Those guy canned the Drivetrain II too...another great piece!
    Greg

9. tom grossheider

tom grossheider Member

Might be looking for one of these in the near future......

10. Matt H

Matt H Guest

for what it's worth, ted weber has said that his ceramic sig 12 is virtually the same thing. a c12n style speaker but with a british cone... might shoot him an email to confirm this.

11. tom grossheider

tom grossheider Member

Getting a DR with the Emi Black Powder, I'll see how that one sounds first. Supposed to be a good early Jensen C12N clone. I'd like to try Ted's Sig 12, that sounds like a nice one at a reasonable price. Thanks for the info.

12. karmadave

karmadave Member

Moods,

Check your PM...

-KD

13. El Jimbo

El Jimbo Member

I have an Alltone still in it's box. I was thinking about putting it in a Tweed Deluxe style amp one day.

Anyone try that? Is it a good match?