Reverend Charger HB Color Help - Violin Brown

luv

Can anyone who has some experience with this color from Reverend chime in and give me your opinion. I've got three different pictures from three different sources, all claiming to be "violin brown". The color varies greatly from one example to the next. I'm interested in the guitar, but would prefer the lighter color, but I'm thinking it doesn't really exist (light color pic is from Sam Ash ebay listing, and has since sold).

I'd describe one as a dark natural, another as orange and another as walnut.

charger%20sam_zps9rrjdrcp.jpg

body and headstock almost the same color
charger%20chicago_zpstsv4xy2t.jpg

body slightly darker than 1st example, considerably darker than headstock
charger%20rev%20copy_zpszzwwfe1y.jpg

body more of a walnut color......this taken directly from Reverend site

Which is closest to the actual color?

Last edited:

Beakertwang

Mine was from a few years back, and it was lighter, but I can't speak for the recent ones. You could always email Reverend and ask. They are good about responding. [/URL]

Johnny Alien

Silver Supporting Member
That is not violin brown. VB is not a burst like that one. I believe that is what Reverend calls "Coffee Burst"

cap10kirk

The one I've seen in person, looked kinda in between the middle and bottom pic you posted. If anything, closer to the darker color of the third pic.
They did change the color though. Not sure when they made the change, but it used to be lighter, like the first pic.

davewrites

Going back to the original post... the top and middle pics represent the same original Violin Charger HB model, but the middle pic is far more accurate to the real color. I own this exact model and that middle tint is a decent representation of reality.

Just ignore the top pic. You'll have to shine a fairly bright light on its body to get one to photograph that light.

More recently, the Violin tint is/was darker and, to borrow your words, much more like walnut in the bottom pic. Both Violin colors kick @$$ in person. That said, you'll see more of the korina woodgrain in the original tint (if that's a preference).

Also, if you're buying new, you'll find more of the dark browns available. If you're trolling the used market, you'll find more of the lighter/middle tint for sale.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom