Reverend Double Agent... where art thou?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Gasp100, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I can't find any store that actually has these in stock yet (including my local shop where the guys working there will probably snag whatever comes in anyway). I really want to try one of these out. Seems like there should be a wave of Revs coming in soon, but I have yet to see them... even online.

2. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

Looks like a hip model.

3. Gasp100

Hell yeah... I can vouch for MIK Reverends with Korina bodies. The necks are great imho. The humbuckers + bass contour are nice in the bridge and I know for sure their P90's are sweet (especially in the neck position). I for one LOVE the tune o matic bridge as well (fells good against the hand once you get used to it). This one looks like a home run to me for around $550:

[​IMG]

4. rivaeast

rivaeast Member

I'm picking mine up tomorrow..... ordered it on Jan 4 when they were announced and just got here. I got the FMT and if it's anything like my Jetstream it will be a keeper!

5. DustinS17

DustinS17 Member

6. Gasp100

Well, let's see. I've bought 3 out of 4 Reverends without playing them and I've been extremely happy with all of them so... YES!
    :dude
    Can you believe I'm trying to sell the SSC to get one of these? (well, that and I need some cash too). $100 for a case? Is that expensive or is it just me?

7. rivaeast

rivaeast Member

$100 is pricey for a rev case. I buy them anyway but they are certainly not the best cases out there. But to put that in perspective, Fender tweeds are going for $150 plus now.

FWIW My dealer quoted me $89

8. Gasp100

Yeah, I might opt for a gigbag instead. I really like the Reverend logo though, maybe if they have nice padded gig bags (like G&L's) that might work.

9. rivaeast

rivaeast Member

I had one of their gigbags. They aren't too bad but not quite G&L. It's not a bad choice. I just prefer cases. The Rev cases do store well though.

10. cottoneyedjoe

cottoneyedjoe Member

I just bought a FlatRoc not a month ago. It is AWESOME! I have had guitars that have cost me thousands, but I love this guitar!

11. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

It looks like they are catering to the left-handed players now too.

12. Gasp100

Found one from the Reverend Dealer in Maryland. It should be on it's way soon!
    :dude

13. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

I would think the p90 should be in the bridge? am I crazy?

14. Gasp100

Your crazy :messedup.... just kidding.
    I had a 3 P90 USA Reverend that was the bomb. But, I needed to switch some things up AND I need a humbucker guitar in the house AND I preferred the p90 neck tone more than it in the bridge. The bridge sounded MUCH better than a straight single coil IMO, but still not really distinct and ballsy like a rocking humbucker or even a killer Tele bridge pup. So, this seems to fit the bill. We shall see, it gets delivered tomorrow.

15. neastguy

looking forward to your report..... !!!:dude

16. Gasp100

So far, so good. Very little time to really concentrate (work, kids, ugh...)
    It plays amazingly well (low action) but the low E was buzzing a bit. String change and a little raise of the bridge fixed it all. I swear if I didn't know these were 25.5" scale I'd think these were shorties. Great balance when standing and wearing a strap, as usual.
    The humbucker clean is almost like one of their Revtrons. Very articulate, a little rolled off on the bottom strings. The P90 in the neck is AMAZING... simply put. It sounds killer clean and with OD look out. The middle pos is fantastic as well. It's as clear and bell-like if not more than my old G&L Bluesboy.
    But the kicker for me (besides the look and feel) is the punch, clarity and growl of the humbucker with OD/gain. Really nice, you can definitely hear every note. I'm using a Buriss Boostiest in front of my Valvetech VAC25 (running clean). So many cool tones with everything from the guitar - pedal - and amp I'm currently overwhelmed. I definitely would not hesitate gigging with this one for sure.
    I really think they have it down pat with the similar body / neck / bridge and mixing and matching custom made pups. I'm happy, I have a Buckshot on the way which should fulfill a lot of other needs. Maybe one more (Club King 290 Gold top?) for a different body style and vibe.
    Clips to come once I get a longer mic cable.
    :drink

17. Ares

Ares Member

I received mine today.I havent set it up to my strange preferences yet,so no safe conclusion can be drawn on how much I like it(though it seems to sound great).I'd like to share a pic with you...
    [​IMG]

18. neastguy

wow.. that looks nice.... I'm kinda shocked...

19. christhurman

christhurman Member

Where did you find this for $550??? :huh

20. sonicD

sonicD Member

WOW! That looks soooooo much better than the stock Reverend photo! Now I want one! Ha Ha!

I can vouch for Rev's P90's. Got a Club King 290 and it's just a wonderful guitar. Doesn't have that maple flame though. Man, that looks good.

Congrats on the new gear, gentlemen - enjoy!
    :beer