• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Reverend Drivetrain

The Whiz

I have a first generation black and white Reverend Drivetrain. I like it, it's my od of choice these days with blackface amps.

coltonius

Señor Member
I have a first generation black and white Reverend Drivetrain. I like it, it's my od of choice these days with blackface amps.
• Why is it your OD of choice?

• What specific amps have you tried it with?

• What happens when you pair it with BF amps?

• What other ODs have you tried?

• Do you now see how this could have been a better OP, OP?

The Whiz

It's sexy pedal. The key is leaving the drive, bass and treble knobs in the lower ranges and cranking the volume. A natural, slightly compressed, overdrive sound. Good buffer too.

erksin

I had a DT2 back in the day - it was nice having the separate treble and bass knobs, but man it had at too much output for me. Wound up flipping it and getting an MI Audio Blue Boy and that was the best TS variant I ever had.

The Whiz

The Green DT2 had more output because some asshat thought the Black original DT didn't have enough.

fretless

Silver Supporting Member
It's a great Tubescreamer variant. I still have my Drivetrain II and every time I plug it in I'm glad I hung on to it.
I have a Visual Sound Gararagetone Drivetrain, which is the identical circuit as the DT2. Fantastic drive pedal. It's been my "go too" for the past few years.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom