Reverend Experts - Help Choosing a Model

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Janglin_Jack, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Janglin_Jack

Janglin_Jack Member

I am looking for a backup guitar for gigs. Looking for an inexpensive yet versatile guitar, (who isn't right...). Mainly playing blues and classic rock covers. I usually use a Les Paul or my SG, and will switch to my Telecaster for Rolling Stones, etc for Single coil sounds. Is there a Reverend model that can handle the Classic Rock humbucker sounds and still get some of that Tele twang and cut??? I have been considering everything from the Flatroc, Club King to Buckshot to Gil Paris. I am having an impossible time choosing. I don't have the benefit of being able to go to my local store and try them out. You Tube has been helpful, but need the Reverend experts to help!!

Jack

2. Southern ILL

Southern ILL Member

I just sold a lovely Rocco over on the Rev forum....that sucka was Killa' for sure....Sounds to me like ya' need a Buckshot or a FlatRock. Me-I like going the road less traveled and twang and bang on a Volcano(maybe I should order one).I'm just saying there really isn't a bad choice and the BCC can roll enough off the bucker to get where you want.....Pick a color and order up.....Plus sign up over at the REV forum.

3. Irreverent

Irreverent Silver Supporting Member

Find a USA Rocco with the coil splitters.

Super versatile!

Peace.

4. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

Just my experience, but having owned a terrible sounding Reverend for a very short period of time, I would advise you to look at Agile guitars sold by Rondo Music online. They're the best Korean low-priced guitars I have played. The weak point if the electronics. Upgrade those, and you've got a great guitar for very little $$.

5. daphil

daphil Member

If your looking for versatility, check the Charger or the Jetstream HB.

6. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Supporting Member

I have the Gill Parris and the Double Agent. The Gill is the more versatile of the two. I wouldn't trade for either of them.
    With the bass contour you can get some decient tele sounds.

7. bynt

bynt Member

Just thinking out of the box, would you be open to P-90's seeing that you've already got those bases covered? I've got a Roundhouse 290 and it's a great mimicker of many sounds but is mainly down for the growl. I love that guitar's sounds but I have to say it's a bit "neck long" for me while standing. Just to be fair.

8. Janglin_Jack

Janglin_Jack Member

I have a Goldtop with P90's. I certainly don't need another guitar, but I am getting worried about taking out some of them to gigs. Certainly worried about taking 2-3. That is the basis of trying to get one guitar to cover two of my main workhorses, (Les Paul and Tele). Great suggestions so far, keep them coming.

BTW - Leaning toward a Warhawk at the moment.

Jack