Reverend Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn_K

Jon,

That's a good prediction. I saw an ad for those amps the other day and was wondering if they would be any good.

Avenger

You may be on to something, Jon. Interesting "hub caps" on the front. I'll only get one if they have a riding spinner model:D

Glenn_K

For those that didn't see it, the Reverend 2x12 cabinet looked really cool in person. If it weren't for the fact that I'm looking for something with more lower end, I would consider it.

And Jon, that's nice of your friend to offer his cabinet for a listen.

Avenger

Originally posted by Glenn_K
For those that didn't see it, the Reverend 2x12 cabinet looked really cool in person. If it weren't for the fact that I'm looking for something with more lower end, I would consider it.

And Jon, that's nice of your friend to offer his cabinet for a listen.
I'm not sure I follow you here. Wouldn't the 2x12 Reverend cabinet, even with the neo speakers, give you more bass than a single 1x12 with the Boogie speaker that Jon was mentioning? As far as weight is concerned the 2x12 is a pound lighter than the boogie cabinet if Jon's numbers are correct for the weight of the Boogie cabinet. It might be hard to get that 2x12 into your car, though...

Terry

P.S. I have to seriously think about getting a Goblin. I've kindof had my eye on a 5 watt 6v6 Swart amplifier, though. hmmmm, what a dilemma.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
By the way, for the record (such as it is) - here's Avenger (Terry) with his Avenger!

Wedgie

Well I am expecting my new Slingshot Custom to ship this week to go along with my existing Rocco. I can't wait to get my hands on it and the Reverend team has been great to deal with. I have been eyeing a Goblin for months and now I am unsure whether to take the plunge.

However, I have to say I agree with the previous posts regarding the continuing reduction of products and options from Reverend. I'm not really convinced we will ever see the introduction of the new import line of guitars. Reverend was late to the market with the new line of amps and we have been waiting forever for the new guitar line.

Just say it ain't so Joe?

Wedgie

Glenn_K

Terrry, no. I'm considering a Celestian or Eminance Red Coat series speaker because they have much more low end than the Jensen speakers. I think this will make more of a difference than 2x12 vs 1X12. Besides, right now I'm just playing in very small jam situations.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Welcome to The Gear Page, Wedgie. This is a very cool place to hang, lots of knowledgable and friendly people, and even a few Reverend fanatics. ;) If you can, post a pic of your Rocco here and your new SSC when it arrives (it you don't have access to web-based pic posting, if you email the pic to me, I'll be happy to post it for you).

On the Korean line and new products generally, I would sum up my perception of Joe Naylor's modus operendi as follows: "I could be more prompt, but not more sincere." So I'm taking Joe at his word on wanting to focus his attention on his guitars and anticipate seeing the new guitar line make its debut right about when the Kingsnakes and Goblins are all gone.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Posted last night by Joe Naylor elsewhere:

Aug 8th, 2005 09:13 PM

"I wonder why they tell you the build time if they aren't going to build anymore?"

This means we have enough parts in stock to build the number of amps stated in the newsletter. We build everything to order.

"Buy one, leave it in the box, and throw it in your attic. It'll be worth a lot of money some day."

FWIW, I've seen Naylor amps selling for more than the original list price.

"Are they going to service the amps they already made?....or do we have to find some backyard amp fellas to do the deal?"

We'll honor the one year warranty. We'll offer schematics for sale some time after all the amps are sold out. Our amps are very easy to service, and replacement parts are of the common variety.

"I hope Joe Naylor chimes in and gives us some skinny."

It's pretty simple. Being small, we don't have the financial or personel resources to do both the amps and the new import guitar line. We feel Reverend has more to offer in the guitar world, and all guitars will further focus our image.

Importing guitars is a more efficient operation, requiring smaller minimum runs, and the R&D process is much faster. This will allow us to quickly develop a diverse line, and bring unique models to market in a short timeframe. In other words, we'll be faster on our feet, and hopefully keep things fresh and exciting.

Thanks for the kind words of support!

Joe

Mike Duncan

Staff member
Wedgie - Welcome aboard.

Jon - Thank you very much for the kind words about my playing!:p

Okay, now I've gotten an account with Picturetrail and posted some Reverend shots on there, BUT still can't get the pictures to post!

Brion

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by Mike Duncan
Wedgie - Welcome aboard.

Jon - Thank you very much for the kind words about my playing!:p

Okay, now I've gotten an account with Picturetrail and posted some Reverend shots on there, BUT still can't get the pictures to post!
Mike,
On your picturetrail page you need to select the tab for image URL's. Make sure the box to allow posting on auctions etc. is checked. Go to the picture URL, highlight it, right click and select copy. Now come back to the gear page and post it by replying to this thread. Click on the IMG button and paste your URL into the box that pops up click OK. Repeat for each picture you'd like to post. It's tricky the first time, but once you've figured it out it's a peice of cake.

Avenger

Just thinking out loud...

I wonder if this add on trem system would work with an Avenger? I think you would have to cut a notch in the pickguard, but I think there is solid wood under where the trem system would be added (unlike if you were to try and add a Bigsby). I could also add tele bridge pickup and a studio wiring switch to get bridge and neck.

http://www.stetsbar.com/Tele.Pic.htm

I'm sure it would be easier and cheaper to just get a new Reverend with a trem, but I like my Avenger, and it might be fun to have it customized.

Terry

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Terry, I don't know if this picture of the innards of my Slingshot would be helpful to you in figuring this out but in case:

Avenger

Thanks for the pic, Jon. You know what? That pic just about extinguishes that modification idea. The front end of the trem, the part that resembles the tele bridge, would be floating in space. If you cut a notch in the pickguard, you would expose the pickup cavity around the edge of the bridge.

I guess I'll just have to see if I can find a Rev. with a trem on eBay. I'm just not too sure I want to drop $1000 on a new one at this point.

Terry

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
FWIW, I've been reading of concerns being expressed by people who were Kingsnake curious but are now wary of buying an amp from a company that's discontinuing them.

I understand those concerns. It just doesn't bode well for long-term support from the builder for service and repairs.

What concerns me most in this regard is that Reverend has never provided with their amps schematics or otherwise made them available to persons to repair themselves or bring to their techs.

Every Fender amp I've ever bought new, by contrast, came in the box with the schematic for the amp to enable quick and easy repairs.

Joe Naylor wrote elsewhere:

>> We'll honor the one year warranty. We'll offer schematics for sale some time after all the amps are sold out.

Two concerns in response.

First off, to me, this at least implies, wouldn't y'all agree, that Reverend intends to be out of the amp repair business completely within a year?

Second, excuse me: schematics "for sale?" To people who already bought and own your amps which you now discontinue and no longer intend to support?!

If I'm getting this wrong, someone please enlighten me. (Perhaps I'm inadequately sensitive to trade secret issues or similar concerns though I must say, when my tech, Pete Cage, modded my Hellhound, he said it all looked pretty regular under the hood).

Glenn_K

Jon, good catch on the "for sale" on the schematic. I didn't notice that first time around. You know, it could be that Joe has an agreement with Dennis Kraeger (sp?) that he can't release schematics, who knows?

Avenger, I don't know if you want another black Reverend, but what about the NOS Avenger with Bigsby? Good deal!

Avenger

Good suggestion, Glenn. I've thought about that Avenger with Bigsby (I think there was a blue one too). I'll probably wait too long while thinking though. I usually take a very long time to make any gear purchase. It drives my wife crazy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics