Reverend Guitars Made In Michigan Now?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Faded, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Faded

Faded Member

On the front page of the prymaxevintage store website there is a tab that says...

[​IMG]

Has something changed where Rev has ditched their Korean partners? They've always been open about it and offered great guitars for the money.

Or is this just more 'country of origin deciet' ala Duesenberg by one lone dealer?

2. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

I certainly wouldn't blame Reverend for information that Prymaxe has on their website. As far as I know Reverend has not changed their business model and is very up front about where their stuff I made. Looks like Prymaxe's tiny ad banner it promoting information that isn't true.

3. Beakertwang

Beakertwang Supporting Member

That could be an old slogan from the days when Reverend was building the phenolic guitars in Detroit, but I'm not sure. Everything since 2007 has been MIK, including the guitar in the picture.

4. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Member

Korea. None of the models listed when you click the banner are made in Michigan. they do a bang up job setting them up in Michigan of course.

5. Faded

Faded Member

Im a fan of Reverend Guitars for the price and design. I dont fault them for a false banner ad. Thats why I wrote "lone dealer" when talking about Prymaxe.

As a dealer they have to know how Revs are made. It strikes as a bit of a dishonesty to snare unsuspecting cucstomers who dont know better.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  6. m.e.

m.e. Freelance Bio-exorcist Silver Supporting Member

Definitely looks like incorrect information on the part of a single dealer. Reverend has always been very transparent about where the manufacture their instruments (IMO) in interviews and articles.

7. Faded

Faded Member

Still up. I wonder if they'll claim MI made in a phone call...

8. smiert spionam

smiert spionam Member

If you're concerned, why don't you ask Joe? He'll likely reply quickly.

9. Smacky the Frog

Smacky the Frog Silver Supporting Member

Made in Korea, set up in Michigan before being shipped out to their dealers. At least that's my understanding.