Reverend guitars

MartinPiana

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, the ones I've played were all really good and so quality seems consistent. Had a Manta Ray that was great, just not what I needed. If I was considering another Rev, I'd study the models and pick what suited me best. There's a broad range of models. I liked both Pete Anderson models last time I was window shopping. Tele type and P90 hollow body. The bass contour switch on most of their models is incredible, especially in taking humbuckers and bringing out a more cutting, vocal, single-coil tone.

I understand the brand loyalty -- a lot of guitar for the money. My major affection in that category right now is for Eastman, which is worth a look if you're in the market for hollows, semi hollows or an LP type.

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve owned several and loved them all. In particular, I’m a big fan of the Flatroc. Very versatile guitar that is full of different tones with the BCC.

If you like narrow fretboards and string spacing, go for it. Ive had a number of them. a 2012 club king RT being my favorite.

DarrellM5

I was in Reno, NV last weekend and had some time to kill while my wife was shopping. I started hitting the guitars shops and one of them, JamPro, had a fairly nice collection of Reverend guitars. I played quite a few models and was blown away by the Sensei RA. It had superb feel, fit and finish and the neck felt great. It just had to come home with me. I really dig the RailHammer pickups too.

If you like narrow fretboards and string spacing, go for it. Ive had a number of them. a 2012 club king RT being my favorite.

43mm isn't what I'd consider narrow, at least not on the Sensei. Maybe some of the other models are narrower.

Looks a lot like the Yamaha Revstar.

Yep, it looks very similar but sounds completely different and the necks aren't close to the same spec. I posted a NGD x2 thread a couple days ago with my Sensei RA and Revstar RS820CR.

Doug B

Yep, it looks very similar but sounds completely different and the necks aren't close to the same spec. I posted a NGD x2 thread a couple days ago with my Sensei RA and Revstar RS820CR.

I would imagine that the different body woods makes a big difference.

daacrusher2001

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Double Agent. Very nice guitar but I didn't care for the neck - sort of narrow - regardless of what the measurements/specs might say, it was definitely narrow. Other than that, and that's a preference thing, it was a great guitar. The P90/HB config was great.

Multicellular

If you have a type of guitar you like, strat, LP, etc, take a look at those similar models by all means. I have a handful of Reverends and a local shop carries them, and I agree with others above, good consistent quality.

Some other points that I hope are helpful:
The pickups tend to be a tad hotter than their Fender/Gibson/Gretsch cousins.
The, what do they call it, bass contour? wtf ever, it is a high pass or low cut, anyway, it is a nice alternative to coil tapping or similar. Can really make even the humbuckers much more focused in the right context.
Agree with @Astronaut FX ...of all their pickups, I think they make super p90s. though still...
..The Railhammer pickups are a really interesting beast. Almost a midrangey focus with that setup.

Of the non-traditional pickup ones, I love the Double Agent. Really balanced sounding guitar for a wide array of styles. Other side of that coin though is that you could also say they are a jack of all, master of none for tones.

TTHX

I had the Double Agent with a trem. Best set up guitar I've every purchased and has super low action. Excellent quality for what you get. Unfortunately sold it due to the necks being pretty slim and not my taste.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom