Reverend Manta Ray HB

earwighoney

Hello My Forum friends,

For my next glorious NGD at sometime later this year, I am thinking of purchasing a Reverend Manta Ray HB.

Does anyone have one? If so what are your thoughts regarding the guitar? Is it a guitar you'd recommend?

Apologies for the OCD question to follow but does anyone have an idea what the width of a Reverend set neck is at the last fret/end of board?

Thanks in advance!

LordByron

The Dude abides!
I don't have a Manta Ray HB, but I do have the fairly similar Tricky Gomez, which has the same body, but 2 Revtron pickups rather than HBs and throws on a Bigsby to boot. It's a fabulous guitar!

I don't happen to know the neck width off the top of my head, but I'm happy to measure it tonight.

Overall, its a great "medium C" type neck, which, while a touch thinner than my absolute preference, is till substantial enough to meet my needs (and my medium-to-large hands). :)

earwighoney

I don't have a Manta Ray HB, but I do have the fairly similar Tricky Gomez, which has the same body, but 2 Revtron pickups rather than HBs and throws on a Bigsby to boot. It's a fabulous guitar!

I don't happen to know the neck width off the top of my head, but I'm happy to measure it tonight.

Overall, its a great "medium C" type neck, which, while a touch thinner than my absolute preference, is till substantial enough to meet my needs (and my medium-to-large hands). :)
Thanks for the reply and great to hear it's a fabulous guitar!

Sorry I meant to ask the flat distance across the fretboard; like the nut width is 1 11/16"; I have a suspicion it's on the wider side of things.

Sorry for going off topic, I saw your thread about your Novo, a real stunner. Would it be possible to ask what the guitar is like? I came across a Novo T style guitar which sounded so nice I wanted to cry a few tears of joy. Great to see Mr Fano going from strength to strength.

Beakertwang

Love my Manta Ray. Well built, looks great, great pickups and really versatile with the bass roll off.

I'm not associated, but I've owned a handful of their guitars and I am a fan.

bugzapper

Nothing but good stuff to say about my Manta Ray HB.

Mine, however, might not have original pickups, so maybe it's different from most.

I think the neck dimensions are on the Reverend Web site. Whatever they are, I like the neck shape.

LordByron

The Dude abides!
Thanks for the reply and great to hear it's a fabulous guitar!

Sorry I meant to ask the flat distance across the fretboard; like the nut width is 1 11/16"; I have a suspicion it's on the wider side of things.

Sorry for going off topic, I saw your thread about your Novo, a real stunner. Would it be possible to ask what the guitar is like? I came across a Novo T style guitar which sounded so nice I wanted to cry a few tears of joy. Great to see Mr Fano going from strength to strength.
No problem, I'll measure the fretboard width at the joint with the body.

The Novo is amazing. It is amazingly resonant, and plays like a dream. And the sounds that come out of it! It is hands down the best guitar I've ever played. The only thing that even came close was '57 Les Paul Jr. It had that same kind of resonance. It confirms my belief that a big portion of the sound of great guitar lies in the quality of the wood. And Dennis picks some fine pieces of lumber (and clearly knows just what to do with them)! :)

Trending Topics