Reverse Delay, anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mccreadyisgod, Jan 19, 2006.

1. mccreadyisgod

mccreadyisgod Member

A buddy of mine has, and loves, a Danelectro Talk Back reverse delay pedal, but lately has been hating the noise it produces. We've looked at a few of the digital units, and have tried the DD-6's reverse model, but nothing seems to have the same vibe as the Dan-O. Anyone have a good reverse delay to recommend that is fairly quiet? Digital, analog, modeling, etc... DL-4 users, any thoughts?

2. lanervoza

lanervoza Member

i love the DL-4's reverse delay.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

4. drolling

drolling Member

the cheap little digitech Digidelay's got a weird take on reverse delay. Unlike the DL-4, the Digidelay lets the dry guitar notes come thru' first, so you have to play against the reversed notes as they come back. Takes some getting used to, but a cool effect in its own right.

Haven't tried the Dano, but I loved that patch on my long-dead DL4. Instant Hendrix..

5. muddy

muddy Member

the wasabi's delay is 3 sec's, & it gets the job done. PLUS, you can still get it for $90 or so! still got mine...

ml

6. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

The Boomerang, 4 minutes of reversable, sound on sound delay...

7. uberschall

uberschall Supporting Member

+1 for the Wasabi. Tap-tempo switch, high-end roll-off knob like DL4, DD20 and Dan-Echo, well-built and has cool "tailfin" LED's.

BTW, mine is in mint shape and for sale- if you're interested, PM me.

8. Turnipfarmer

Turnipfarmer Member

i like the boss dd20 reverse delay

9. livedead13

livedead13 Member

anyone know of an analog reverse delay pedal?

10. Kezend

Kezend Member

i too have my wasabi, cause its cheap and the reverse aint bad (which is what i use it for). ive never heard of an analogue reverse delay stompbox before, but am wishing for it. i dont know if analogue reverse can be done though? just like you cant have analogue harmonisations and pitch bend increments. but yeh, still wishing for it. hope it comes in chrome too.

11. livedead13

livedead13 Member

well, Zvex makes that analog loop recorder pedal. there is no a/d conversion. i figured there might be a reverse delay pedal that utilizes this technology.

12. Kezend

Kezend Member

good point. i recall reading on his forums that he wanted to but there was no more room in the lofi housing. ill do some research