Reverse Delay Issue

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by maromad89, Aug 14, 2008.

1. maromad89

maromad89 Member

I mainly play Vaughan, Hendrix, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Allman Brothers Band.

I am buying a delay, do you think the reverse mode would be essential or I wouldn´t use in many songs?

What´s more, I would like you to tell me which would be the longest delay time (ms) I would need for this kind of music?

2. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

I'm not a reverse delay user, so I'm not much help for that part of your question. As far as delay time, I would think 250 to 400ms with 3 or 4 repeats would be a good choice for a clean or lead tone for the type of music you like.

3. maromad89

maromad89 Member

Thanks friend, andddd anyyy reversee-delayersss around?

4. saucyjack

saucyjack Member

It's fun to play around with especially in a "creating sounds" or recording situation.
    However,I don't have much use for it in a live/gigging setting.Looking at your list I doubt you would use a reverse delay much.

5. Dandy13

Dandy13 Member

i see what you've done here

6. maromad89

maromad89 Member

What?

7. Franktone

Franktone Member

8. Andre357

Andre357 Member

For hendrexian and zeppelin noodlings I would say you'd have a blast with a reverse delay setting....

could be a fun creative tool. You wouldn't use it all the time, just for a special effect here and there.

Not sure if your interested in multiple patches or not. If so check out the Nova ( great reverse setting )....

If just a simple delay will do I would pick up a BOSS DD7. Fantastic all around delay, great sounding buffer and a killer reverse setting. Very affordable as well ( relatively speaking )

I would get as much delay time as you can....a wild reverse sound with a long delay time ( like 800 mls or something ) would be great during a hendrix type improvised solo excursion :cool:....or the break down section in " whole lotta love " by Led zep even....

Oh yeah, the DD7 can get the long delay times if needed ;)

9. iaresee

iaresee Member

10. marmelade sky

marmelade sky Member

what about using a slow gear, I get decent results in faking reversed sounds, directly , without the latency of the delays .

11. JimH

JimH Member

I used it on my DD-6 live for the solo in castles made of sand. My view is that unless it's essential for a particular song then no you won't use it, but yes it's fun. Er it's bit hard to answer this post it's not like super long delays or extensive reverse delay was used by any of those bands, prehaps excluding hendrix. you don't NEED a delay at all but you might capture a few sounds with one - DD-7 seems a good bet, DD-6 is enough for me.

12. hecticone

hecticone Member

I own the boomerang chorus /delay and it really is a great pedal but pricey. reverse delay is a blast to screw around with but never use it live.