Reverse delay only?

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Has anyone added a delay for reverse delay since watching the Trey A rig videos?
I am considering trying to squeeze a DD5 in my chain with before or after the carbon copy. Size is definately a concern.

Thoughs?

Heady Jam Fan

Has anyone added a delay for reverse delay since watching the Trey A rig videos?
I am considering trying to squeeze a DD5 in my chain with before or after the carbon copy. Size is definately a concern.

Thoughs?

Lol, nice - I posted the same question and got no responses here, though some feedback on Strange Design.

I went to the guitar shop and found all the reverse delays suck for this application!

The thing is, it was his Microverb and someone on SD pointed out, it might be more of a reverse reverb effect.

What I heard in the video was a single repeat, very short delay time and a moderate mix with dry signal. I tried to dial that in on a handful of delay pedals at the guitar shop today and ended up with a funky (not good funky) tremolo type effect.

I am going back next Friday to test some other pedals etc, I might try the Hardwire RV7 reverse setting - if I like it, it will be my third time buying that pedal, lol.

The Timeline has a fantastic reverse mode on it.

+1. I've used reverse delay for years, starting with the original DC Timeline and now with the Strymon Timeline. There's two ways I usually use it:

1) As a pad for some ambient noise in the background. I'll put it to 100% mix, about 700ms delay time and play some legato arpeggiated passages.

2) To add light ambience during solos.

Both ways are very arhythmic. Haven't seen the Trey Anastasio rig video yet, though. I'm curious how he uses it

4nd3h

Timeline vs hazarai man reverse gogogo

My Smmh is on its way and I have a tl to compare.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
That should be a good shoot out. What about the Nova Delay. I had one and should not have sold it... Now....
Seems like a possible answer since it has 9 presets, tap, and reverse.

loosegroove

With the DD-5, I think that there is no way to completely dial out the dry signal on the reverse delay mode. I think you need the DD-6 or DD-7. Otherwise you'll hear the original signal first before the reverse delay which kind of ruins the whole point.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I think the point is to have the reverse delay act as a clever reverb, so the dry signal would be necessary. Unless it is dialed into a parallel fx loop, which is not my setup.

mowatsmith

Might be cool to muck with the Flashback's Reverse setting once the Toneprint editor is released next month.

cubistguitar

Dont know what a trey a rig is, but i gave delay doing just reverse at the moment. My particle is making backwards samples of my gtr and holds the current sample until you play again.

Empros

I absolutely loved the reverse on the SMMw/H. Absolutely loved the sound that came out of that mode. Great pedal, just a bit difficult to justify having the whole pedal on my board when all I was using was the looping and reverse.

THiwaTT

+1 on the back talk, I had one for a long time and everyone always commented on how cool/crazy it sounded

kp8

Loved the Dano Backtalk. I was sad when mine bought the farm. Great sound but not the most reliable pedal. We had a piece in our set built around a part made with the back talk and when we had to replace it, It was never quite the same.

Heady Jam Fan

I think the point is to have the reverse delay act as a clever reverb, so the dry signal would be necessary. Unless it is dialed into a parallel fx loop, which is not my setup.

That is what I was saying in my first post - its not a reverse delay, but a reverse reverb. After some more reading about this last night, I am going to check out a Digiverb today in about an hour. Seems it will be the ticket unless you want rack gear. A delay will not do what you want!

fedor4tw

I have been messing with the reverse delay in my timeline since I got it. I also have reverse delay in my m13 (which I want to downgrade to the m9) but the timeline is amazing and for me reverse delay is the premier delay when used right.

bobbradley

Trey of course is using the boomerrang as his reverse. I use mine for that a lot as well, but I really love the stereo memory mans reverse mode, very user friendly. have a timeline still working on my reverse sound on there............... I don't use reverse due to trey. I do use it for the same reason as trey..... because of jimi :)

Heady Jam Fan

Trey of course is using the boomerrang as his reverse. I use mine for that a lot as well, but I really love the stereo memory mans reverse mode, very user friendly. have a timeline still working on my reverse sound on there............... I don't use reverse due to trey. I do use it for the same reason as trey..... because of jimi :)

He uses the boomerrang for looping and reversing the loop, but the Alesis Microverb for reverse reverb - 6 minutes into his first rig talk video.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom