Reverse head stocks and overhand bass playing

bdonnelly

Silver Supporting Member
Is that Craig Goldy??

And man...I can listen to that once, appreciate it (it's well done for sure!)..but I don;t want to be 18 again. Or at least not the 18 I was. I want to be 18 but with my 50 year old brain. Stuff like that just reminds me running into the guy I haven't seen in 25 years wearing the same AC/DC shirt at the 7/11 and him going "Wow man...you still jam?!"

Misterbulbous

Is that Craig Goldy??

And man...I can listen to that once, appreciate it (it's well done for sure!)..but I don;t want to be 18 again. Or at least not the 18 I was. I want to be 18 but with my 50 year old brain. Stuff like that just reminds me running into the guy I haven't seen in 25 years wearing the same AC/DC shirt at the 7/11 and him going "Wow man...you still jam?!"
Yeah, Craig Goldy. Not very mobile these days.

I actually haven't listened to this a lot, but I still appreciate it. Impelliteri has been doing some cool stuff. Record label Frontiers Music has been putting out a ton of revitalized 80's style music recently.

Personally, I always liked Craig Goldy although really only familiar with his stuff with Dio and Hear N Aid. He did a great job capturing the Blackmore vibe on a few songs.

bdonnelly

Silver Supporting Member
Personally, I always liked Craig Goldy although really only familiar with his stuff with Dio and Hear N Aid. He did a great job capturing the Blackmore vibe on a few songs.
Yeah same...he had his own thing going on when he played, a very identifiable player and that really stood out in the 80's cookie cutout widdly widdly wars. As did Dio's follow up guy Rowan Robertson who I think has a new album out this week with the DC4 outfit as well...

cram

did you see overhand bass? I did. Didn't watch enough to see if he did the neck-lick thing with his tongue.
You have to watch it slow and easy, but if you're ready an' willin' to watch the children of the night in this vid, check out this timestamped vid link:

cram

I'm with some of the others: would've been cool when I was 15 but I'm just not into it now.
Absolutely!
Why, I recall mapping out the days and years until I could get someone to buy booze for me or that I could purchase for myself... oh please let that day come ! I please please please, then when I'm older, like a lot older I can sit at a fantasy bar while some girl half my age taunts me with shots of liquor. Never mind the girl in the figure skating outfit who won't get off the hood of my white jag! Oh here we go again...

Bee3

Is that Craig Goldy??

I'd love to go back to 18... there is so much I'd have done differently.

Trending Topics