1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Reverse 'honeymoon' - anyone else?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Stevi, May 16, 2011.

1. Stevi

Stevi Member

I seem to have a reverse honeymoon syndrome.
    I just bought a Whiteface RI RAT and I'm really doubting if I should keep it or not. It is a great pedal but my Fulldrive 2 just seems to do so many good things for me, so I'm not sure I will find use for the RAT.
    This is not the first time I have had this feeling when getting a new pedal - do anyone else experience this?

2. redherring

redherring Member

I think that's called Buyers Remorse! :p

3. Cream

Cream Member

:rimshot

4. Theroyalconsort

Theroyalconsort Member

All the time....
    The one thing to remember is that different pedals do different things well.
    Although you will always have your "goto" tone other pedals come in handy.

In my world its the other way round.

My goto is the ProCo Rat and my Big Muff and H&K sometimes gather dust a bit.

What I do is have "Bonding sessions" with them so I dont forget whats unique about them.
    Hammering round with the Big Muff yesterday I rediscovered the joys of Pink Floyd clear but endlessly sustaining guitar solo tones.

The Rat is a very good and unique pedal, the longer you keep it around the more use I think you'll find it gets.

PS
    Its very sensitive to amp EQ settings if you change to say a warmer clean tone the balancing sweet spot on the Rat will be radically different

5. teleclem

teleclem Member

Somewhat experiencing this with my Fuzz Factory now.

6. Dave

Dave Member

Sometimes you need to try things that don't work for you to figure out what really does work for you, ya know?