1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

reviews on GGG MGV pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rogue.guineapig, Apr 11, 2008.

1. rogue.guineapig

rogue.guineapig Member

2. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

Well that is a copy of a Marshall Guvnor, the original black one, not the new one. So you can search for reviews of that pedal. I find it sounds better into a pushed amp, vs a clean tone. Ie overdrive not distortion.

dk

3. rogue.guineapig

rogue.guineapig Member

ahh thanks, will do.
    I wish GGG said a little more about it on their page.
    oh well.

4. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

I think if they said that it was a Marshall Guvnor clone, they might have some legal issues or something. Just speculating though.

dk

5. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

no offense... I guess they figure that if you want to build one, you know what it is.

6. rogue.guineapig

rogue.guineapig Member

no offense taken...I just can't own em all ;)
    the reason I want to start building pedals is
    cause it looks fun and I think the tone that these
    will generate will beat out my DS-1 and my BD-2,
    which (after hearing them thru a decent amp and Lava Cables)
    are starting to leave me disenfranchised with Boss a bit.

7. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

Well, depends on what you are after. The Blues Drive can sound VERY nice with some mods. I can vouch for the Keeley, having owned one, and have heard great things about the Tvon mods as well.

The Guv'nor is a Marshall voiced pedal. I had the new Guv II and although it sounded pretty good, never bonded with it. HOwever, I LOVE the Jackhammer and still say it is the best affordable "Marshall In A Box" pedal. But most say the orignal Guvnor is better. That kit should be a good way to turn a good clean amp into a pretty good Marshall tone.