• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

REVISED - If you could only have one: Les Paul, Strat, Tele or ES 335?

If you could only have one: Les Paul or a Strat?

• Total voters

Gretsch&Vox

Thanks for participating in the poll. My apologies if this is a redundant post/question.

Regards,
Jay

Pole revised: includes Tele and ES 335.

Last edited:

Caribou

Gold Supporting Member
I recast my vote, and went for telecaster. 335 would be a close second, and to be honest, I play that guitar more easily. There's just something more physical about the way I have to play a tele, which seems to make me more expressive.

Last edited:

stratter

oh man

Strats for playability and comfort,

LP for slightly better sustain and tone... also looks.

It really depends on the model.

If we're talking custom shop models, like top of the line stuff, I'd love an aged R8 in lemon burst more than any strat.

amstrtatnut

Ive been a strat guy for years. Ive recently been bitten by the Les Paul bug.

Sadly I had a nice one I sold many years ago, and regret doing so.

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
I have had 4 Lps in the last 5 years and none hung around. Found out I don't really care for LPs . Give me a strat and a 335 and that's all I need.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Need a choice for "all of the above."

Any of them would work, actually. And I'm glad I don't have to really choose. But if I really did, looking at it as "which guitar would best cover all of what I do*?", especially since I couldn't decide which one I liked best, I'd go with a Tele. My Tele, to be exact, which is actually a Nocaster RI.

*Not just music styles, also the situations I play in, and with a big nod to just practicing and playing at home.

oldtelefart

Since 1986 I've only had one.
The wood on the 2nd-7th fret bottom edge fretboard/shoulder join is wearing away, I'll need a new neck in a few years.

If I wanted a second guitar it would be an ES 335 or 339.

Stratocaster till the day I die. If it was gibson back in the 80s or so maybe but now all they make is plastic kiddie toys. Stratocaster feels the most comfortable. Telecaster is for those who don't maintain their guitars because they live in the woods and like to bend up 3 whole steps without there guitar going out of tune. Es is for the 1920s. Strat is the realest I'll croak before my strat will. Gibson gonna croak before tommorow morning because the motorized bridge is gonna run out of gas 5 miles away from the nearest gas station. Telecaster doesn't care because it's a grown man who works 2 full time jobs out in the hills of so ho lorein

Trending Topics