rewiring PRS electronics

MetalHeadd

Hi,

I have a PRS Custom 24 that has a 5 way pickup selector. I'd like to have it rewired with a 3 way toggle switch with the two inner coils in series as the middle position (essentially positions 10, 8, and 6 from the 5-way). Can you do this or does a 3-way switch not allow this setup? Thanks a lot!

Jeff

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
I don't believe it's possible since IIRC the toggle connects the pickups in parallel.

Clorenzo

I've given this some thought and come up with a neat, simple way of doing it with an on-on-on switch. The only problem is that you may not find these mini-switches as ergonomic for a main pu switch as a good old chunky LP type switch, but I guess you can sort that out with an LP knob and some epoxi...

If you use an on-on-on as described here:

http://www.stewmac.com/cgi-bin/haze...G=7&s1=Free_info_sheets&item=freeinfo/fi.html

and number the lugs as follows:

1 -> o o <- 4
2 -> o o <- 5
3 -> o o <- 6

You should connect (sorry I don't have the colour codes for the pickups handy, let me know if you need that and I'll look it up):

- Neck hot to 1
- Neck gnd to 4
- Bridge hot to 3
- Bridge gnd to 6
- Neck "middle" to Bridge "middle"
- 2 to gnd
- 5 is the output

Carlos

Clorenzo

Originally posted by Clorenzo
- 2 to gnd
- 5 is the output
Or, just to be more logical,

- 5 to gnd
- 2 is the output

Not that it makes any practical difference at all (unless you claim that you can detect absoute phase!) but it seems to make more sense to have grounds connected to ground and hots connected to the output.

Carlos

Trending Topics