Reworking my pedal board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pinelake, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Pinelake

Pinelake Member

I'm on my semi annual quest to monkey with my pedal board. I have patch cords of different makes (and lengths). Plugged straight back into the amp last night and amazed at the tone/signal loss.

Do you prefer to "make" your patch cables, and if so, what brand do you recommend or do you just buy off the shelf?

My board isn't huge... Tuner, Wah, OCD, Chorus, and Noise Gate. Delay in the effects loop.

Thanks

2. bt2513

bt2513 Member

Some people spend a lot on cables but I'm a bank for the buck type person. I have cables that cost anywhere between $3-10. No plastic covered jacks or anything like that - they are all metal housings, pancake style, and regular right-angle style plugs + 1 George L cable.

Most recently, I bought some bulk Canare cable off of ebay and a pack of high quality connectors - I can't remember the brand (just googled and I think they are GLS) but they are nice. Now I solder one up to the length I need, when I need it - which isn't that often.

3. Multicellular

Multicellular Supporting Member

Surprised that such a small board would have signal loss. I'd check for any bad cables or pedals individually before I'd spring for a big change in cables.

4. Pinelake

Pinelake Member

I do suspect a cable or two has quality issues.