• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

RFT tubes

wyatt

RFT was a tube manufacturer in East Germany. These were relabeled as Siemens, Tungsram and lots of others to resale in Western Europe and North America. They were stock tubes in Marshalls (EL34), Carvins (6L6GC) and others. The factory was closed as part of economic restructuring when Germany was reunified.

davestp1

I have several, labeled Mazda, Bentley Acoustics, GE (in GE boxes stamped Made in Germany) and at least one Amperex labeled. All 12ax7's. Their plate structure is unmistakeable. They are very good tubes and have a break up that goes especially well with Marshall amps I'm told. Me, I used them in my Fenders and they sound great. No idea what the RFT stands for but someone with knowledge of the German language will pipe in....

Roe

made some of the best el34s ever, handle far more than the 450v people talk about online

Jeff West

That article also suggests "Repräsentant Fortschrittlicher Technik“, and I've definitely seen it given as standing for "Radio Fernseh Technik". All in the ear of the beholder? The oldest R-F-T ad I've got I think is in the 1953-54 Brans Tube Vademecum, it gives the specific street addresses of their four factories but only identifies itself as representing "R-F-T". -Jeff

Timbre Wolf

Hyperspatial Gravity Surfer
Platinum Supporting Member
That article also suggests "Repräsentant Fortschrittlicher Technik“, and I've definitely seen it given as standing for "Radio Fernseh Technik". All in the ear of the beholder? The oldest R-F-T ad I've got I think is in the 1953-54 Brans Tube Vademecum, it gives the specific street addresses of their four factories but only identifies itself as representing "R-F-T". -Jeff
Germans have some long words. I can understand why they'd use the abbreviation. :aok

- T

Jeff West

If they hadn't devised it we would have had to! Although maybe we would be calling them "Rundunferns" . . .

Timbre Wolf

Hyperspatial Gravity Surfer
Platinum Supporting Member
Add it to the pile of Telefunkemullarky we regularly discuss :rotflmao

- T

Roe

RFT el34s are great, esp. the old narrow base ones, although the later 80s stuff is still good. I use about 20 of these in my amps

pulse.

Gold Supporting Member
Does anyone have an experience with RFT EL34s on a vintage Hiwatt Dr103?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom