Rhiannon Giddens

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by vintage saddles, Feb 11, 2015.

1. vintage saddles

vintage saddles Supporting Member

Have heard only the clips of each song, except for this Letterman performance, but sure am looking forward to the album in full. Goodness gracious ...

2. ZDPrice

ZDPrice Member

Caught her for one amazing night of a 2-night stand in October in Louisville with the Chocolate Drops. She's pretty astonishing. Great on fiddle too!

3. moj067

moj067 Supporting Member

Yes she is.
    I was front row at a show of the CCD and was just mesmerized.
    Some of their own tunes were not as strong as one would like and she admitted in the Basement Tapes sessions that she needs to work on her songwriting.
    We'll see what comes of it on the new release.
    I'm sure it's wonderful.

4. speakerjones

speakerjones Member

Just discovered her through The New Basement Tapes. Wow! What a talented lady. And pretty too!

5. phillygtr

phillygtr Member

I saw her at Merlefest several years ago when the Chocolate Drops were just getting started. She was hanging out in the Deering booth. She's tall!

Super talented and great to see her career on the rise. Her new album was produced by T-Bone.

6. Ryan Donahue

Ryan Donahue Member

I've been listening to the Chocolate Drops album practically non-stop recently. Great record with some excellent musicianship. Their cover of Hit 'em Up Style is great as are her vocals. I'll be checking out her new solo album ASAP.