Rhoney Guitars hiatus / winding down?

j.s.tonehound

Hi all, just saw that Rhoney guitars appears to be winding down their business or taking an indefinite hiatus (official website note and Tumblr blog). That's a damn shame because he was building some wonderful looking beasts. Sad to see good builders having to look to other ventures but I guess it shows the margins small companies operate on. Hopefully one day he can return. A big pink sparkle Oceana Marquis with all gold accouterments is very much on my list.

narad

Oh is that true? Some of those looked fantastic:

PICT0078-1.jpg

And I thought just hitting his stride with these Gretsch-ish things:

15181115_1137367713050656_7592580914452662555_n.jpg

guitarlifestyle

I like guitars.
Silver Supporting Member
If I recall correctly, he mentioned that he'll likely stay in the business, just working for someone else in Portland or thereabouts.

enharmonic

Chairman of the Bored
Platinum Supporting Member
Paul is a great guy and a very talented luthier. I've owned a couple of his guitars, and they were spectacular.

dougk

Silver Supporting Member
That's a shame. Didn't Kauer and Rhoney share same workshop?

Paul rents space in my shop until the end of next month. Paul's decided to move back to Portland and pursue other avenues of employement and be closer to family. It was fun having him in our shop these last few years and wish him the best of luck.

For the record nothing changes for Kauer other than having a bit more space for ourselves (which right now isn't a terrible thing)

Last edited:

big mike

Fire Josh McDaniels!
Best wishes to Paul on his future endeavors. Nice guy and talented builder.

marsonguitars

Paul is such a nice guy, think I known part of the reason why he's shutting down and it's sad...he's getting taken advantage of.

Shayski

That's to bad, I'm a big fan of Pauls work, learned a lot from him just listening to his podcast. Hope everything works out for him.

Halsey

Yeah, what an odd and vague and not particularly helpful post and then quote and reply to their own post that was, eh?

John Hurtt

I've seen a bunch of Paul's guitars over the years...some really cool and funky designs. Sorry to see him move on, but it seems that is what he wants. Good luck, Paul! As far as the "being taken advantage of"...talk about a hand grenade thrown out for...? DougK is a straight up good guy, so I know that isn't what is being played at. I would expect the poster to either explain/provide details...or pull his posts.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom