• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

rice custom #157 tele/paul

Rich Rice

Thanks! It's very nice of you to say so. Makes it all worthwhile. Great to "see" you again. If you ever make any clips or vids, I'd like to see/hear 'em! ;)

mslugano

Silver Supporting Member
I think that might be the most resonant guitar I've ever heard. Interesting burst effect too with a significant difference in the depth of the black bit on the bouts vs. the butt.

lunchbox

Well, not that it is all that relevant to the original post, but I have #133 and love it. However, I think my guitar teacher loves it even more (and he's a veteran Fender expert!) If I bring it to a lesson, it is tough keep him away from it. He raves about the pickups and the resonance. Last lesson he declared he was going to tell Bill Kirchen about Rice Guitars. High praise indeed.

Rich Rice

Thanks! I always try to make each one "interesting"- lol

Sometimes ya just gotta "Go For It".. That was the third time I did that burst, I didn't like it when the bouts were darker. The guitar started to get a "heavy" look to it. I liked the butt end but not the shoulders. Then I did a much smaller, more even burst all around, and I liked the bouts but not the butt. When I shot this one, it gave a little character, IMO.. Not so dark, and underlined the shape better..

Rich Rice

Well, not that it is all that relevant to the original post, but I have #133 and love it. However, I think my guitar teacher loves it even more (and he's a veteran Fender expert!) If I bring it to a lesson, it is tough keep him away from it. He raves about the pickups and the resonance. Last lesson he declared he was going to tell Bill Kirchen about Rice Guitars. High praise indeed.

Good to hear you like it, and that it's being played! That's what it's all about... These are meant to make music and make people happy.

It's cool to hear your teacher likes it, too. I don't know if Bill Kirchen can perform with one, Jim Campilongo loved the one he played, but he's under contract with Fender.. :omg

Rich Rice

I have indeed heard of your guitars, but unfortunately I haven't had the chance to play one yet.
We have a Tour guitar that's always out in the world. Email me to get on the list! ;)

We're building a new Tour guitar for 2012, but it's not ready to go out yet. We got busy with orders, which pushes it to the back burner, but still hope to get it finished within the next month or so..

Trending Topics