Rice Custom Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Guitarhero4321, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Guitarhero4321

Guitarhero4321 Member

Anyone ever tried one?

Rich Rice likes this.
  2. Buddy123

Buddy123 Member

Yes! I have one. Awesome guitar. I love the tone of my Gibson but I wanted a cooler looking guitar, like a tele. So, I had them build me one that would sound like my Gibson. I was hesitant that it would sound better than my Gibson and assuming it would sound not as nice but it actually sounds better! The tone is warmer and richer. And Chris, who is an expert on pickups and wiring, put on a knob which allows me to blend one pickup into another. I love it! It's my main guitar now and looks beautiful.

When I was originally looking for a custom tele I did my research, found the most respected custom builders, listened to their guitars on youtube (which all tend to have their own distinct tone) and narrowed it down to Rice and another builder. The other builder just seemed untrustworthy to me so I went with Rice. Chris and Rich were friendly off the bat and really wanted me to be happy and love my guitar. They went over all the details with me and throughout the build talked to me about what they were doing. They never showed frustration with my millions of questions and answered them all. Ultimately, I got exactly what I asked for (and more). So many times I've paid tons of money on something and the seller lied to me (or "fibbed") and I never actually got what I wanted. I have that happen all the time with guitar techs...Finding people who actually care and do what they say is invaluable.

johnnyqb and Rich Rice like this.
  3. Ed56m

Ed56m Supporting Member

I own two. #154 strat which has been my #1 for years and #142 tele which is my #2. Love them. Can't go wrong. Rich and Chris are great guys.

4. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

I own this one - #010. Fantastic guitar with a cool, handmade vibe; reminds me of an old Alembic in that way. Beautiful materials and feels like an "instrument".

[​IMG]

/rick

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Rich Rice and mwhy like this.
  5. Guitarhero4321

Guitarhero4321 Member

Thanks all for the input

Rich Rice likes this.
  6. daacrusher2001

daacrusher2001 Silver Supporting Member

I had one, it was a nice t-style. Probably should have kept it. I was trying different guitars at that time. I remember really liking the neck and the pickups. It was light relic. Overall, a good guitar. I'd get another...

Rich Rice likes this.
  7. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Member

Definitely have nothing but love for them.

johnnyqb and Rich Rice like this.
  8. Kleio

Kleio Supporting Member

I've owned one and played several, each of them great guitars.

Rich Rice likes this.
  9. Rich Rice

Rich Rice Member

I tried one... ;)

mwhy and mojocaster.com like this.
  10. daacrusher2001

daacrusher2001 Silver Supporting Member

mojocaster.com and Rich Rice like this.