Rich Robinson with Bad Company

Surprised I haven't seen this posted here previously...

"Bad Company will be short one founding member when the band hits the road this May with Joe Walsh, as guitarist Mick Ralphs has decided not to join the group on the trek. In his place, ex-Black Crowes guitarist Rich Robinson will step in.

“I’ve decided to sit this upcoming U.S. tour out,” the 71-year-old Ralphs says in a statement. “The travel required to do these dates is something I’m just not feeling up for at the moment. I’m glad the band found Rich to take my place for this run, I’m sure he’ll be great. See you all again soon.”

sickboy79

Wow. Sorry to hear about Mick but, I would love to see Bad Company with Rich! I'll have to check into tickets.

Rimbaud

Tarnished Silver
I'm sure he'll do a fine job.
I think Rich Robinson will fit right in...Mick is a hella good guitarist but if he isn't feeling up to a tour, it will affect his performance and the entire show.

I just got back from just 2 weeks of travel... I'm beat.
I need a vacation after my vacation. :)

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a massive RR fan, but I'm not sure how this one will work out.

Will be interesting to see.

soulohio

Rebel yell souls
Desert eaters we've been called
Chose a jack
And threw away the straight flush
Now these bawdy houses, well they all know our name
The five finger death punch sound is our claim to cream

Bloomfield fan

Silver Supporting Member
or Rich just likes to play. And this is an opportunity to keep himself out there and not have to deal with running a new band. They are already established and just play their hits.

ant_riv

Silver Supporting Member
I expect it will be a very good show.

Paul Rodgers continues to be at the top of his game, Howard Leese is an incredible professional, and Rich Robinson will be prepared. I think Simon Kirke is still in the band, and I expect he will be solid.

They might even throw in a few of Rich's songs, as they fit the "blues rock" style of BC. PR could certainly do justice to singing them.

Of course, the expectation is anyone going to the show should be a BC fan.

Trending Topics