Rich Severson Skype lessons

Hugh DaMann

Has anyone ever taken Skype lessons from Rich? His online material is great, so I thought this could be a good option, but I'd like to hear from someone with personal experience.

Thanks.

MartinPiana

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't but I've gone to the Yosemite Jazz Guitar Camp twice and look forward to going again this year -- he runs it and teaches. Very mainstream jazz oriented. Rich knows so much, it's hard to fathom. And he can distill it down very effectively. I've gotten a lot from him, particularly in terms of different concepts of comping and improvising. There are a lot of video lessons he's done too -- I've gotten a couple of those on DVD. I still haven't mastered everything in those....

Hugh DaMann

I appreciate the insight and I will certainly take that into consideration. He ain't a young pup anymore.

Do you recommend any of his CD's?

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't but I've gone to the Yosemite Jazz Guitar Camp twice and look forward to going again this year -- he runs it and teaches. Very mainstream jazz oriented. Rich knows so much, it's hard to fathom. And he can distill it down very effectively. I've gotten a lot from him, particularly in terms of different concepts of comping and improvising. There are a lot of video lessons he's done too -- I've gotten a couple of those on DVD. I still haven't mastered everything in those....
Yeah, those Yosemite camps look great. I have very fond memories of NGW Jazz Summits with Jody Fisher, Mark Dziuba, Tom Dempsey, and others.

I have a few of Rich's arrangements and lessons. All good stuff. Highly recommended.

frdagaa

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, those Yosemite camps look great. I have very fond memories of NGW Jazz Summits with Jody Fisher, Mark Dziuba, Tom Dempsey, and others.

I have a few of Rich's arrangements and lessons. All good stuff. Highly recommended.

I have those same fond memories and have thought about doing The Yosemite camp. Probably not this year though

Trending Topics

Top Bottom