Richie Sambora and Divided By 13

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MarshallMan, Sep 6, 2005.

1. MarshallMan

MarshallMan Member

For all you /13 fans: Last night I saw a CMT video of Bon Jovi playing with Sugarland (an odd combination) taken from a recent CMT Crossroads taping. Sambora had what appeared to be 2 Divided By 13 heads on stage. The clip was their new song "Have A Nice Day".

2. lespaul97

lespaul97 Member

I believe it was a Komet.

3. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Could be...but I'm pretty sure he got a Divided by 13 earlier this year... ;)

4. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

the have a nice day video definately has komets. havent seen crossroads though. i really gotta play a /13 amp sometime soon.

5. MarshallMan

MarshallMan Member

6. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

+1 him and the dude from System of a Down picked some up around the same time. I believe Richie got 5 of them, didn't he?

7. Leonc

Actually, I know that System of a Down bought at least 4 or 5. I don't know how many Ritchie bought...

8. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

I wonder if Fred made some custom amps for System? Those dudes wouldn't be typical D13 players. Unless they are not using them for their day job.

You know how when you read a review when someone says this amp does everything but Uber Metal. These guys would be the Uber Metal that they are talking about.

It's good to see D13 add some rockers to the list of users. It seems there are a lot of (less than hard rockers-- a.k.a. P.U.S.S.Y) bands using these amps. At least from what I see on TV.:D

9. Leonc

Dave, SOAD bought stock amps. The guy fell in love with them. Fred was kind of shocked and didn't expect it. Then when they came back and ordered a bunch more, I think you could say he was pleased but mystified!

As for the *******...Ha, all the way to the bank!!! :p

10. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

he he Of course you know I wasn't including the Ironhorse Exchange in that Genre. To my knowledge you guys haven't been on tv.:D

That is cool that SOAD is into his amps. I think those guys are onto something with their style of music. Music has really sucked the last, I don't know...15 years, and these guys bring somehting new and fresh to the table. Not ground breaking but fresh.

11. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

Daron (System guitarist) is amp switching and using the Divided By 13 for cleans....and they sound great as always!

:dude

12. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

My D13 takes pedals so well, I'm sure it could make most metal guys happy with the right box.

...Not my thang, but on the MTV video awards last week, Shakira's guitar player had a couple D13's up there. Anyone catch that?

13. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

Lately its easier to count the guys in big bands who don't use D13's...it is getting really thick with Fred's amps everywhere...

14. RichSZ

RichSZ Member

Regarding SOAD, I saw a couple live clips and heard some studio tracks and totally didn't get what they were doing. I thought the lyrics were too over the top, the singing was terrible, the music was just so-so. I would listen to them just to see how much worse the next song could get, but then it dawned on me that I actually LIKE what they are doing. So much so, I bought the last 3 CD's they put out.

I think SOAD is an acquired taste. I like 'em exactly for what Dave said, and the more I listen the more I like!!!

-Rich

15. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

hmmm, richie sambora AND system are using d13 amps? sounds like time to sell the d13 amps and find something else. :)

16. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Yup, and the guys playing with Kelly Clarkson were both using them. Sounded good too!

And SOAD used the D13 on the new album, for cleans and some of the crunch sounds, the rest were marshalls, etc.

17. Leonc

BTW, Fred just confirmed that RS did in fact buy serveral Divided by 13 amps. Though, like I said...don't know what he's using in the video...

18. rastaman

rastaman Member

The Have A Nice Day video I saw is definately a Komet... Don't know about the crossroads.

19. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

/13's are cool amps - glad I tried/had a couple. Now the itch is gone;)

20. MarshallMan

MarshallMan Member