• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Richter 5e3 with D'Pergo Clip

jzilla

hey peeps

here's a clip of my d'pergo through a richter 5e3. recently got the richter and i'm happy with the way it records. an amazing deal...

added a touch of verb, about 1db of high shelving around 1700 hz and a slight bit of limiting.

thanks for listening!
-j

Richter Clip1

Last edited:
Jeremy you have some FANTASTIC tone, great playing as well! Is the D'Pergo a Alder/Maple? What pick up package did you get it?

jzilla

Jeremy you have some FANTASTIC tone, great playing as well! Is the D'Pergo a Alder/Maple? What pick up package did you get it?
thanks! the richter and d'pergo seem to be a really nice match. yeah, my dp is alder/maple. not the most traditional combination but i like it.

Nicely done!

Enjoyed the tone of your Richter.
thanks foggy! i'm enjoying it, too!

man that sounds great.

where does one get a richter amp?
thanks aram. i got really lucky and snagged one on ebay for a good price. (even buying them new is a steal.) it's in awesome condition. i emailed sara a couple times and even though i bought it used she got right back to me and was really helpful. let me know if you want her email address. i think it might be on her ebay store though.

-j

scottl

Fantastic Jeremy! Not only did I dig the phatass tones, I really love your triplet feel.

JiMB

You got some fine, fine edge of breakup tones going on there.

I like that sound!

Jim

Thor

Really enjoyed that. Loved the dynamics and the movement from clean to breakup. Sounded great!

Thanks for posting this,

Edward

SLBlues

Really great clip. Outstanding playing and tone. If you don't mind, how did you have the Richter set up? Input(s), vol, tone ? Thanks for posting the clip.

cdaloia

-J,

Oh yea, I really dug that.
Soulful playing..........
It sounds like you're really feeling it.
I'm a fan.
Oh and nice amp too.....:AOK

Chuck

jzilla

mmmm greezy tweed goodness...
appreciate it brother!

Fantastic Jeremy! Not only did I dig the phatass tones, I really love your triplet feel.
thanks scott! you rock man.

You got some fine, fine edge of breakup tones going on there.

I like that sound!

Jim
thanks jim!

Really enjoyed that. Loved the dynamics and the movement from clean to breakup. Sounded great!

Thanks for posting this,

Edward
thanks edward! dynamics are really important to me in music and i try to play with them in different parameters (eg loudness obviously but also stuff like rate of tremolo bar vibrato - varying the rate of trem vib over time, etc.)

Really great clip. Outstanding playing and tone. If you don't mind, how did you have the Richter set up? Input(s), vol, tone ? Thanks for posting the clip.
sweet!! thanks man. i was using input 4 with the 3,4 volume on 2; 1,2 volume at 0 and the tone on about 4.3. i've barely experimented with this amp yet. can't wait to try jumpering the inputs. have you done that?

Very, very nice..............:AOK
thanks twin!

-J,

Oh yea, I really dug that.
Soulful playing..........
It sounds like you're really feeling it.
I'm a fan.
Oh and nice amp too.....:AOK

Chuck
appreciate it chuck!! that's an amazing thing to hear. i bet you recognize some of the stuff in there ;)

J - that sounds great. I have a Richter 5.8 and love it. Sara makes great amps.

matt
thanks matt! yeah, i'm really impressed! an amazing value!! you're richter clips sounds great btw!

SLBlues

sweet!! thanks man. i was using input 4 with the 3,4 volume on 2; 1,2 volume at 0 and the tone on about 4.3. i've barely experimented with this amp yet. can't wait to try jumpering the inputs. have you done that?

Yes, I have jumpered the inputs on my Richter and am not sure I like what I am hearing. Seems way more gainy to me. Still trying to figure out the interaction between inputs. I've seen posts about using a ABY box with good results and would like to give it a try. Thanks for sharing your settings.

Trending Topics