Rick Beato is not happy

Neverwhere

Jvr63dd.jpg

YerKidd

He's almost always pissed, it seems. Of course, I'd probably be too if I had to deal with YouTube as much as he has to. The platform seems to be going a weird direction.

I go back and forth on my thoughts about Beato. My opinion of him shifts, like the passing clouds in the sky that he yells at (Simpsons jokes forever). I definitely enjoy his interviews and his insights into music theory, etc. That's about it.

I enjoy him a lot more then "Music is Win", that is for sure.

Last edited:

rizla

Sinner!!!
not sure how relevant that is to the conversation. I didnt think we were allowed to talk about religion here!

He can monetize his vids all he wants, I dont care. But maybe he should work out a deal with the song owners first so he doesnt get de-monitized. Then he wouldnt have to whinge every time he is caught doing the wrong thing.

Last edited:

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
Oh wow another group of entitled people thinking everything should be for free. It is free, for you, but you have to knock it because you are better or have something better? You don't, you can't, this guy does. More power to him to get reimbursed for his services.

dumdums

He's almost always pissed, it seems. Of course, I'd probably be too if I had to deal with YouTube as much as he has to. The platform seems to be going a weird direction.

I go back and forth on my thoughts about Beato. My opinion of him shifts, like the passing clouds in the sky that he yells at (Simpsons jokes forever). I definitely enjoy his interviews and his insights into music theory, etc. That's about it.

I definitely enjoy him a lot more then "Music is Win", that is for sure.
Beato has a done a lot to make music theory more accessible. His interviews are awesome. He does sometimes come across like an angry grandpa in a rocking chair when he complains about this or that, and I find it enjoyable.

My favorite music guy on YouTube is probably True Cuckoo, and I'm not even a synth guy. That guy is just really chill. I tend to watch more videos about styles of music I don't play and types of gear I don't own.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
I do kind of want someone to let Beato know that the "This is a promotional video for the songs" argument is unavailing because he isn't employed to promote these tracks. He's in no position to determine this kind of video is promotion, which the rights holders get to control if that's the case, anyway.

He might well have a fair use argument, but he'd need to raise that defense in an applicable venue. Since fair use is a fact intensive analysis, one thing we know for sure is that it cannot be determined solely by how long the clip is or how much is used (although that will factor into the analysis).

hemmelight

Rick's channel is an amazing resource for music fans. If people are too butthurt about 'Youtuber shills' making money and refuse to watch his stuff then it's their loss. When he says his channel is about 'music appreciation' he means it. His channel is what MTV should have become.

edit to make this post sound less fanboyish: some of his content is an amazing resource. Mainly the interviews with famous pros. When he's speaking with actual legends you can really feel his excitement and respect for these people. Buuuut, when he's whining about losing money on a video for the 23rd time? :bonk

Last edited:

pete692

Silver Supporting Member

I definitely enjoy him a lot more then "Music is Win", that is for sure.
He’s using the “outrage machine” playbook that has poisoned our very culture. Personally, I find it very disgusting to mix something so beautiful and essential as music with this kind of wholly self-serving “me mad” theater. I get enough of this **** already at my in-laws house

Trending Topics

Top Bottom