Rick Beato is not happy

12TameMen

He knows he cant do it, but still tries to do it.

This is totally wrong. If you watch his vids he will not play clips from songs he's aware are blocked. He even reminds that they're blocked before playing the riff himself to demonstrate it.

I think a lot of the frustration is that he keeps getting dinged on stuff that only recently got blocked.

Upper Mids

Never heard of this Beato fellow and I agree that it's a bad look saying you were trying to advertize stuff when actually you were trying to earn money with it. It's too obviously wrong and it makes Beato look as if he thinks the people listening to him are super dumb. I'm not saying that's his aim here, but that's how it turns out.

Then again, I think it's a bad look to be foaming at the mouth on a message board because you feel you caught some online person in a moment of hypocrisy. It makes you look petty and bitter. Just sayin'.

Peace out, all!

Echo Are

I'm always amazed at the number of times Rick and some other You Tubers with music-related channels post rant videos, usually about the SAME ISSUES, over and over and over again. It's like, yes, we get it, get over it and move on, I don't know, LOL.

WickedPenguin

He knows he cant do it, but still tries to do it. Then he creates another monetized vid complaining about his vids being de-monitized.

This.

This isn't the first or even the 5th time he's had content either blocked or demonitized.

He could try one of the multiple workarounds or alternate paths available to him, and choses not to. And the follow-up videos aren't designed to trigger any sort of change in YouTube's approach....they're purely to recoup some of the money lost from the original vid (hey, good on him that he has sufficient following to make that a viable option) and to validate his feeling of being hard-done-by with an audience that's already predisposed to agree with him (I mean...I guess he's earned that echo chamber).

It's an approach designed purely to get away with what he can, with the knowledge he's not losing much if he can't.

As you say, nothing wrong with trying to make a buck. He's played the YT game well, and deserves whatever he can get from playing it...but he's certainly not a victim or in need of anyone's support.

WickedPenguin

I'm always amazed at the number of times Rick and some other You Tubers with music-related channels post rant videos, usually about the SAME ISSUES, over and over and over again. It's like, yes, we get it, get over it and move on, I don't know, LOL.

Those videos generate clicks and pay the bills just like any of them do.

Being entirely honest, if I could publicly vent my frustrations, get validation from a friendly audience, and get paid for it to boot, I'd probably do it, too. It might sound unsavory sitting here now, but it's probably really nice work if you can get it.

Echo Are

Those videos generate clicks and pay the bills just like any of them do.

Being entirely honest, if I could publicly vent my frustrations, get validation from a friendly audience, and get paid for it to boot, I'd probably do it, too. It might sound unsavory sitting here now, but it's probably really nice work if you can get it.
Yeah, that's true about generating clicks and making money and all that. But, to me, after a YouTuber has posted more than a few videos of pitching a fit about the same issues over and over, it just comes across as beating your audience over its collective head, which I find very annoying and off-putting.

WickedPenguin

Yeah, that's true about generating clicks and making money and all that. But, to me, after a YouTuber has posted more than a few videos of pitching a fit about the same issues over and over, it just comes across as beating your audience over its collective head, which I find very annoying and off-putting.

It looks like that to us, but we're not his core audience.

Based on the comments made by some of his more fervent devotees in this thread, that core audience isn't feeling like their heads are being beaten just yet.

People're weird, man.

Top Bottom