Rick Beato is not happy

olgluefoot

BLOCKERS!!!

F1D2970A-B794-47F6-8184-65410A79B061.jpeg

Boxy

He's almost always pissed, it seems. Of course, I'd probably be too if I had to deal with YouTube as much as he has to. The platform seems to be going a weird direction.

I go back and forth on my thoughts about Beato. My opinion of him shifts, like the passing clouds in the sky that he yells at (Simpsons jokes forever). I definitely enjoy his interviews and his insights into music theory, etc. That's about it.

I enjoy him a lot more then "Music is Win", that is for sure.
I like his interviews but,when he rants he sounds like my Dad. Maybe his tinnitus was bugging him that video.

i gotta admit that i'm a little confused about your response to my post.

but, ok

4) Rick is not hurting my bottom line, afaik. what he chooses to do, to employ, is entirely up to him; maybe his decisions will change some of the course of Copyright law, but i've no real idea..... only another not-too-imaginative guess on my part, as i'm neither a follower nor a hater.
he's only on "my radar" because of threads like this, because these hyper- and hyperbolic- trends interest me very briefly & extremely intermittently.
plenty of my songs and other music are present on YT and etc, including the "dark web" of the old torrents..... by which i absolutely got screwed, no doubt about it --- but that's another story, and i am NOT alone in it.

ymmv.

EDITED for clarity.
Thanks David for your reply.
I wasn't referring to your bottom line.
I was talking big picture bottom line.

Wound_Up

Yeah, because having compassion for a narcissistic YouTube influencer millionaire is so much more relatable and logical. I agree.

Absolutely! Beato whose net worth is valued at $5M with an annual income of around $750K is really struggling and doesn't have the means for a proper legal defense and simply can't afford the licensing fees that's why he's constantly whining when his videos are demonetized.

I understand.

5 million my a**. If you got that from one of those random Google results, I'm even less inclined to believe it.

He wouldn't be complaining about being blocked if he was worth that much. Because it wouldn't matter.

GenoVox

Gold Supporting Member
Guess I must really be in the minority… I’m not a fan of his - some of the interviews are cool, but that’s because of who the artists are

Full disclosure: I’ve known his brother Mike for years… great guy

KevWind

I am amazed at the how emotional, skewed, and ill informed, the perspective of so many here seem to be
It is totally irrelevant how "informative' or 'educational" Beatos videos may or may not be..
It is totally irrelevant how much money Beato makes, or does not make
It is totally irrelevant how much money the songs being used have made, or not made in the past
It is totally irrelevant how well known or not, the copyrighted work is
It is totally irrelevant if some or all of the copyrights holders are individuals, or corporate entities

The only relevant issue is does Beato's video fall under the guidelines of the fair use doctrine ? And if and how much, of each of the four factors that determine fair use, does it objectively and arguably qualify under ?
And the answer appears to be----- not much

But if in fact the complaint videos (from which Beato keeps all of the monetization revenue ) receive as many or more views than the original videos being demonetized ? Then Beato may more skilled at marketing than he appears ........................

TwoHandsTenThumbs

Silver Supporting Member
The only relevant issue is does Beato's video fall under the guidelines of the fair use doctrine ?
And even that is secondary to “does Beato’s video violate the guidelines of any of YouTube’s copyright enforcement algorithms”, which appear to operate in a broader, blunt, and less nuanced fashion than an actual fair use test. And are fully within YouTube’s rights as a private entity to employ, to minimize their risk exposure, regardless of what Beato or any of us think about it.

John Hurtt

Platinum Supporting Member
Is the TGP making a profit from us members?
You'll need to ask the owners of the page if a profit is being realized. I'm sure ad revenue is being generated, as well as those choosing to become contributing members. I see you chose not to become a contributing member.

rh

Robo Sapien Noisemaker
Double Platinum Member
How dare they? He was only trying to expand these bands' listenership!

Just like criminal hackers are only trying to help IT staff identify vulnerabilities in their computer networks / systems. The money value of what they steal? Why, that's just an incentive to fix things.

MorphineNoir

Silver Supporting Member
Just like criminal hackers are only trying to help IT staff identify vulnerabilities in their computer networks / systems. The money value of what they steal? Why, that's just an incentive to fix things.

I assume that you are, like I was, being sarcastic :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom